The Return of the Informer. . .Are You Still Thankful?

I had spoken with several people and I told them I would restart the blog last week but I didn't keep my word. As I contemplated on how to launch my return, I realized how much I loathed going to the library and the fact that my internet was not working added to the delay. Well, for those that enjoyed reading the blog, I decided to deal with the library staff; at least until my internet services is back up and running. (WTBS: I need to find out how to use my cell phone as a mobile hotspot.) The other reason for the delay was what should I blog about? Should I blog about the rumors that Mayor Holder has/had a problem with the things I was posting on MY facebook page? Should I blog about the board finally promoting Elsie-Cowart to the position of Chief of Police? Should I blog about the new public works director, Ryan Easley (and trust, I have a lot to say about him but I will save it for after the Thanksgiving Holiday)? There's a lot of things I could blog about but I will just take this moment to be thankful. There are some that say that this test or that test came just to make me stronger. Well, I don't believe that to be true. The enemy uses his minions to put whatever obstacles in your path but I don't think they are placed there to make you stronger; they are there to take you out. I am thankful that I don't cower to pressure and I don't cower when confronted by anonymous weaklings that don't have the ca hones to say the things they say anonymously to my face. I am in the process of establishing a twitter account for the Lumberton Informer so people don't have to go through any checkpoints to post their opinions about what I have to say. I thought that was accomplished by setting up a Lumberton Informer facebook page, but there are still those that "claim" I don't want the opinions of others; when, in reality, there are those that want to say certain things but they like to say it anonymously or in a closed group setting. I have had a lot of support from people about this blog and I have had a lot of backlash as well but regardless of your stance about MY opinion, you are welcomed to either agree or disagree with me, but know this, you will not disrespect me. Don't get you panties in a wad because I don't have the same train of thought as you. In case you didn't know it, I'm a man of color and my perspective may not be what your perspective may not be the same as a person that never had to deal with being told they couldn't do this because of the color of their skin; my perspective is different when driving because I know that the pigmentation of my skin can result in being pulled over for no reason. So, for those of you who want to sit back and try to paint me with your narrow brush, I don't need your approval. Until you've had your car egged by a member of your church because of something you "allegedly" said, then don't try to put me into a category. Until you've had a city clerk and the chief of police work in collusion (with board approval) to have you put in jail for a parking ticket; then don't tell me that I'm being a racist or being unfair. Until you have a board of ignorant black men serving on the board working with a racist white man serving on the board, try to get an injunction filed against you to have you banned from the library and to have your blog, which is based on opinion, then don't say a dayum thing to me about what I write. I could go on and on with the examples but I think my point was accomplished. This blog is fact based opinions and if you do not like what I have to say. .well guess what. .you are not required to read it. I have said some things out of anger but I will not be silenced by any man. I am thankful that I stood up for what I believed in and I will continue to do so. As I look through the hate filled emails, anonymous comments and a litany of other things, I am thankful that I am still able to stand firm on my beliefs. I do not waver in the midst of adversity. On several occasions, I have come back and apologized for some of the things I have said but you best believe, that won't be the case this go round. If I post something that is not correct, I will correct it. I'm not from Louisiana and I will not be crawfishing as I move forward with the Lumberton Informer. So, I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday and know that we have a lot to be thankful for, even in the City of Lumberton. The Lumberton Informer will be updated regularly. If you have a story or a point of interest you would like to share, please feel free to call me at 601-522-4953 or email me at lumbertoninformer@yahoo.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman