Hold My Mule


It's not summer yet and it seems that there' a lot of wilding out taking place in the City of Lumberton. This weekend was full of "clutch your pearls" moments; especially in Wards 3 and 4. I didn't know what to say about the vandalism that took place at Sweet Beulah Baptist Church, but someone hold my mule while I put my two cents into the benevolent offering tray. There's a reason why there are laws regarding the separation of church and state; politics should not be a part of preaching, but for some reason the two are intertwined here in the City of Lumberton; especially at certain churches--namely Sweet Beulah. I'm not going to go in about the pastor of the church because I belive in the the verse "Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm." I must say that I don't believe that scripture applies to ministers only, but since Ben Winston is no longer a politician, I don't think I need to comment on his antics. WTBS. Since he was not re-elected to serve as Supervisor for District 2, I guess he's no longer required to wear the mask of concern and it's more that likely that some of his true feelings about some of his member may finally emerge. Also, whenever Bobby Gibson and Timothy Johnson are in the position of making a decision, whether it's the board room or the devotional table, women are going to be attacked in one way or another. For the record, I don't know who vandalized the church, but I'm almost willing to bet that it wasn't committed by an woman that was walking the streets of Love Quarters when they poured the foundation of Sweet Beulah Baptist Church. Additionally, I would like to say that whenever a person feel they are no longer being filled at their place of worship, it's time for them to seek the Lord and possibly find them another place of worship. Those familiar with this blog, are aware of some of the issues I was having at my place of fellowship. I didn't have a problem with the pastor, but some of his sheep had a problem with me. Somehow, the lobbied to have me removed from my position at that particular fellowship, but I didn't leave. At first, I was angry, but thankfully, I didn't allow a root of bitterness to take place. It's been over a year since I was "sat down" but I've weathered the storm and I'm glad I stayed. Now, I can move on and make wise decisions. If I had left in the heat of the moment, I would have made unwise decisions and they would have been rooted in bitterness. Now that I look back, I realize that I was trying to hold on because I was a "founding member" and I wasn't going to be run off for something I didn't do. But regardless of whatever happens, I will always be a "founding member" and nothing will ever change that. The work I performed for the fellowship was "unto the Lord" and if man was not pleased with my work "unto the Lord" and decided to "sit me down" then that's something they must deal with. Too many times, we get caught up in a building instead of being led by the Word. I can not and will not be under the ministry or leadership of someone that is not, in my opinion, preaching the word, because I am attached to a building. The time we have on this earth is precious and we shouldn't waste it by polluting our service to the Lord with bitterness, causing our relationship with the Lord to become stagnant. Like I said, I don't know the whole story because like I've said many times before, there are always three sides to a story: his side, her side and the truth, and I really don't care to get involved in a "church matter" but I hope they find a mutually beneficial medium to resolve their differences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style