That's Racist???

I wasn't going to blog today but after posting a note on the Lumberton Informer Facebook page this morning, the natives became restless. So, here I am again, having to put out a false alarm. Yes, I used the word saltine and almost every white person came out the woodwork yelling RACIST!!! Are you loosing the debate? Shout racist in an attempt to silence the opposition. Generally, that works, but not for me. I won't be silenced. Not by the one sided views of others? It was said that I love to attack and re-attack. Well, that could be true. But if you say that 80% of my posts are false, then I'm going to continue to harp on that misinformation until you prove that you are correct. Just because you reached out to me in an effort to quell the disagreement, does not mean I'm going to stop speaking on the accusation you made. People can't just say things and don't expect to back up their remarks. You say 8 out of every 10 posts are completely false. Well, the ball is in your court. Prove it. Did the use of the word saltine detract from the message that was being used. Of course it did. But it also made self-proclaimed, non-readers, show their faces. The City of Lumberton is moving forward, without or without you. Unlike single minded individuals, I don't need my friends or family working in the office in order to be satisfied with the progression forward. However, there are those that would like to harp on the fact that the previous clerks have been terminated and will find fault in anything and everything that is done by the new clerks. For the record, I think the new officer personnel is doing a wonderful job and that included Byron. For far too long, we have not had any accountability at city hall and now it is in place. Also, there are some that say this blog is nothing but gossip. Again. Prove it. Gossip is defined as idle talk or rumor about the personal or private affairs of others. However, gossip is also considered one of the oldest and most common means of sharing facts. The leads to my posts may be based on gossip, but I make certain that I dot the i's and cross the t's before running with a story. There's a particular story that's been looming but I can't seem to get the full details; so it ran out of gas, so to speak and I will not post without more confirmation of what really happened. But if I was purely a gossip site, I would have just posted the story. So, let me take this time to address the use of the word saltine, which, by the way, will not be used on the Informer page any longer because of the need of others to try and use it to detract from what's being said. Well, I can't guarantee it won't be used any longer, but it won't be used by me. I wanted to get this post out, because according to Joey, I will not be able to blog after today. Now, with all veiled threats aside, I still plan on blogging Monday but I just wanted to get this one out of the can so there won't be any more talk about my alleged racism. Now while we're on the topic, I think I need to supply these loose tongues with the definition of slander. Slander is an oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. So, just because you call it slander, does not mean it is slander. And if I have slandered anyone, I'm sure there are legal recourses to remedy the situation. I gave and will continue to give my opinion and if you don't like what I say, then say you don't like it but don't try to make it into a department of justice issue. The courts are filled with frivolous lawsuits and as you know, we live in a litigious society. So, for those that say I'm a racist, the remainder of this post is for you. I may use the words saltines and vanilla wafers in my conversations, but that does not make me a racist. If you want to cry racism, in a state that has a flag honoring its racist past, I think thou doth protest too much. You're trying to equate food products with the use of the n-word. Really? When you're ancestors are snatched from their land and forced into slavery, then talk to me about racism. When your ancestors are sold like cattle, then talk to me about racism. When your female ancestors are raped because they are thought of as property, then talk to me about racism. Unless your race was forbidden to vote or not considered a part of the human race; spare me the pseudo history lesson and lessons in political correctness. I am not what people call me, I'm what I respond to. From the heated exchange that was presented on Facebook this morning, it's evident that there are white people that would love to Emmett Till, Mack Charles Parker or Trayvone Martin me. As a matter of fact, John Boone said "there needs to be more people with sheets around here taking care of people like you...." And his white counterparts nodded in silent agreement because to them, this is an acceptable form of racism. To have the temerity to question the actions of a Anglo Saxon is not acceptable in this here part of town. But I digress, I'm the only racist in town. As a matter of fact, they have convinced themselves that I am the reason for the downfall of Lumberton. Somehow, they continue to read what they call crap (but another word was used). In the words of Malcolm X, "we didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us." There are those that say the blog is no longer informative. Again, I would like to say, this blog is not required reading. So, for those of you that wants to stop reading the blog, please do so. That would save me the effort of going private with the blog. I have only 500 slots available for invites. According to Google, when the site goes private on 7/01/2013, I can have a maximum of 500 readers. That would greatly limit my audience, but I don't really want people reading the blog that don't want to read it or claim not to read the blog. So, for those of you that says you're finished with the blog, would you please exit the site to save me the trouble of going private? Otherwise, the new link and access code will be sent out on 7/21/2013. The will probably be the last blog post until we go live at the swearing in of the new board. Talk to you then, if you have the link. Peace!

Comments

  1. Available invites? Don't you mean invites to the people who don't oppose anything you say or try to stand up to you and your racist remarks? That's what I thought too lol...Peace out blue gums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the younger crowd...blue gums is another racist term that Southern whites use instead of coming out and saying the n-word....I guess in modern day times it would be the equivalent of calling me a wheat thin or graham cracker since food terms are now deemed racist terminology....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you come on! Using generalities about a race when condemning the actions of a few stupid people is the first sign,clinically, of a racist individual. For example:

    Hitler: the Jews as a whole were evil in his beliefs. (Jews in general)
    Muslim Brotherhood joined with Hitler's anti-Semitic forces to eradicate the world of the Jewish people. (same)
    Lumberton Informer: term that Southern whites use instead of coming out and saying the n-word. (Southern White people in general)
    These are just a few examples.

    Don't be mad that only black people feel entitled to say n-word, cracker, and a myriad of other racial slurs in order to feel they have some dominance over a race in which most people want to overcome negative race relations. I tell it like it is, and no matter what you have to say... you know I speak the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we are all in the wrong and need to take a step back and look at the potential we have side by side!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman