2013: The Year of the Volunteer

The year known as 2013 is coming to a rapid end. So, where on the year in review shall I begin? This year has not been without its ups and downs, but there's still a reason to smile, while others choose to frown. This year there was an election to elect a new set of leaders. The fact that some chose not to participate, made me a believer. A believer that despite the fact that so many fought long and hard for the right to vote; others see the election process as just a joke. So many did not care who would serve as Mayor, as long as Mayor Miriam R. Holder was no longer sitting in that chair. They showed up to the polls, without any true direction. Other than their zeal to elect Ben Winston win the election. Winston was elected by abundance of votes in two wards and won the race of mayor. But I think after his four years, those that didn't vote, will eventually begin to care. Jay McGraw was re-elected and so was Kent Crider. Bobby Gibson was defeated and retreated like a spider. Tommy Duke now represents Ward 4 because he was not opposed. Alderwoman Cora Rogers won her seat because of the laws she promised to uphold. Incumbent Quincy Rogers easily re-claimed his seat. Because his opponent (Jonathan) received only 18 votes, so it was a very easy feat. People thought my loss in the election would close down the blog. But they are still logging on; sitting on the side lines watching; like lumps on a log. I am not defined by a lack luster 18 votes because I know that I know, I'm still TOTES MCGOATS! Quincy is the best for the position indeed and I will continue to report on the board's scandalous deeds. This year the board was served with papers by the former city clerk. She claims the previous board prevented her from work. As the new board finally looked at the books. It was quite obvious, that everything was cooked. There was missing money and minutes missing from here and from there. Things the former mayor tried to bring to their attention, but the previous board did not care. They gave Stephanie the ability to rule. And the fact that there were not checks and balances, seemed incredibly cruel. Especially to the citizens that are left with the debt of dealing with a clerk that was never kept in check. People are gasping and gagging at the thought of this case. But everybody knows anyone can file in this place. So, I don't understand why anyone will be astonished or stutter. We're in a litigious society and can indict indict a burger. Soon after the new board arrived, there were those that waited to see. What promises did Ben make to get in the place to be? For several months, he delayed the process of appointing department heads. We don't know the reason but nothing was said. It seems he had promised his supporters that he will re-instate the former clerk. But he realized as mayor, he didn't have the votes to make that work. It was also rumored that he wanted to bring back the former chief. So, he not only wanted to re-instate a crook, but he also wanted a thief. I guess after he realized this plan was not good. He finally appointed the department heads that he knew were pretty good. This year has been marked by a lot that volunteered their services to the city. But if you think this place can be sustained by volunteerism, I would say, Oh, what a pity. It seems that another agenda was hidden by disguise. Kent Crider pulled enough strings to help plot Jerry Walter's demise. He was quickly removed a fire chief. Later there were those that accused Walter's of being a thief. Since this board took office, the fire department has changed hands. And after four chiefs, there don't seem to be a plan. To move this city forward and ensure a good fire rating. It seems there are others that are just content with berating. Those that put their lives on the line for this city and to see such petty behavior is quite a pity. I try to remain on the side-lines and report what I see. But it seems there are those that are constantly sending for me. This year I was accused of trying to do a hit a run. I tried to find the source of this story but I couldn't find none. Just when I thought I found a lead, the matter was posted on facebook with many logging on to read. I don't know why these people keeps singing my name. But I tried to take the high road but couldn't promise the same. It's sad when a minister gets on social media and calls you Nabel. But I'm thankful that God knows me and he's more than able. I can deal with criticism because it comes at a fast pace. But whatever I have to say, I can say it face to face. By the way, I would like to give a shout out to those passahs that can't call a person out but will preach sermons about them in their absence with hopes of making their congregation shout. I don't have time for churches with their petty deeds. I know I haven't tried to hit anyone with a car but apparently that's a lie they need. To give them closure for the way they act. So the congregation can have another reason to try and defame and attack. I left this church and wish they would leave me alone, but I guess it’s hard since every Sunday they're served rockas and bones. Trust and believe I'm not your mountain. Be concerned with the bitter and sweet flowing from your praise and worshipper's fountains. And this is the same group of people that were chopming at the bits because of the lie that I called a "golden" member a bitch. Hopefully, this division will finally be put to rest. Cause I know how to abide and will pass the test. There was one that even said I lived a miserable life. odd coming from one who's so familiar with strife. But something about my life must be interesting and grand because they're discussing me everytime they can. There's another one that claims to be a "woman of God". But after a shooting, she attacted the victim's mother and I find that quite odd. They say people in the street throw rocks and kick dirt. But some of the most underhanded people are sitting right in the church. Now I know they'll claim I'm going on the attack. But no worries here because it will be said behind my back. They'll also say the bible says touch not my anointed. But even those with an anointing can be very disappointing. I'm not saying these things to be seen or to be cute. Having a title in church doesn't mean you're producing fruit. There are those that like to brag and constantly gloat. But even those that are anointed can go down a slippery slope. Also, there seems to be a revolt against cops. In my opinion, this foolishness must stop. We have had some good officers and some are bad. But the fact that we have some willing to work in Lumberton makes me glad. No one likes to be targeted or given a ticket. I don't know the answers that are needed to fix it. But we make officers villains and celebrate being a thug. But we complain about lawlessness and the selling of drugs. There are several employees that work hard and the board want them replaced. Despite they live and shop in this place. But in Lumberton we are encouraged to shop but they don't want any employees and this crazy idea must stop. They're holding meetings every Tuesday of the week. But the direction they're going seems pretty weak. The journey has just begun and it seems all uphill. And some serious adjustments are going to be made in order to pay the bills. I will give Ben Winston, the benefit of the doubt. But I know I don't have to wait until the battle is over before I can shout. I am hopeful, that 2014 will be better. But in order for that to happen, we must work together. I know I can ruffle feathers but my agenda is crystal clear. I want to take this time to wish all of my readers (and haters) a Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman