Egg-spected



This blog has been on-line for more that a year. I had the tag line from the Hood to the Hall. . I'm reporting it all. I went almost a year before anyone commented on this site, and then one day, someone said something about someone's child and it ignited a firestorm of comments. I've spoken about things that happen in city hall, the way our aldermen vote, I displayed my private battle with the mayor (later having to apologize), I've talked about political grandstanding, lack of police patrol, the behavior of people that live in certain areas of town, etc. People have posted comments about elected officials, the mayor, police officers, other people's children and so on, but nothing compares to the response that I received once I allowed people to make comments about people in the church. I have received threats from anonymous cowards, but once I allowed people to post comments about church folk the playing field changed. For the first time in my life, I woke up to find that my car had been egged. Is it a coincidence that this happened after church folks were called out on the blog. . .maybe, but I find it interesting that some anonymous person was so upset that they would egg my car. Now, how intersting is that! I guess I was supposed to get mad, but I know that an adult didn't get out of bed to do this, they put some teenager up to do their dirt. The things that are posted on this blog is a reflection of what is being said at the gas stations, in parking lots, on the corner, and so forth. People take their time to read this blog because they want to. If you are offended by things that are on this blog, then don't read it. If a comment made about you is not true, then don't let it bother you. If you believe that I am posting false information, then be man or woman enough to tell me so. I have some readers that actually want to know what's going on in Lumberton, and I have those that are waiting to see what kind of mess they can start next. Sometimes, when I read some of the comments, I just blow up and post what I'm thinking at the moment but at least I'm man enough to stand behind what I write. For the record, I have to commend Lakesha; when she had something to say, she posted her comments and then she got in contact with me. She handled her business like a grown person is supposed to.

Comments

  1. I once heard a pastor say "religious people" are some of the meanest people in the world.
    Keep blogging. This is better than the online version of the Hattiesburg American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Jonathan. Once again, the true character of people comes out. It's like the drunk man, who will offer you his last and be willing to share his liquor with you, versus the so called christians, who talk a good game until you cross them and don't you dare ask them for anything.
    You're right, even though I don't agree with her approach, at least Lakesha spoke and stood behind her words. She stated her opinion and didn't crawfish; maybe she should be on the board (city or church)! At least we wouldn't have to try and figure her out and sort through all the lies and double talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The police told me that there would be days like this. I stated that wanted to hold the elected officials accountable, and in retrospect, I realized that I should hold myself accountable as well. I was drawn into the drama just like everyone else, but I allowed insidious comments to be posted about several aldermen and their families and for that I would like to apologize to them and their families. The purpose of the blog is to hold elected officials, parents, police officers,and community activist accountable; it was not intended to be a place to lash out against their families. Recently, I came into contact with a person that was dragged into this arena, and I was wondering what was going to be said, and this person told me their point of view, and I must seriously say that I never considered the consequences of the comments that were being posted on this site. Therefore, false, base-less, hurtful comments will not be posted on this blog,(unless their funny) but I will continue to blog about the things that are taking place in this city. Hopefully, the comments will actually line up with the story that posted. BTW, Thanks Desonta, Patricia, Angie and Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jon - Hope all is well, with that said: Do the good folks of Lton not realize that we're in a recession/depression? Who can afford the dozen or so eggs it would take to effectively egg a car such as yours? . . . . Duhhhh - They must have had food stamps once again our tax dollars at work - . . . I'll help with the clean up when I'm next in town - lol liz - ps love the blog -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman