Never Assume Anything

Are You Guilty of being an assumption-holic? Let’s look at some definitions of the word assume: “To draw conclusions on the basis of tiny scraps of evidence. To take for granted, without proof; to suppose as a fact, to take arbitrarily or tentatively; the act of anticipating something before hand - before the proper time & natural order. (Even if we have proof of something and believe it... without a doubt…we add more to the assuming than should be there) “Jumping to conclusions” & “prejudging”-to me are as good as any definition. There are more times that what is happening is real and we all get that part, but many times we just assume something that just is not so and no one wants to go the distance to fix anything. They were wrong possibly for years under wrong assumptions. An assumption-holic is a person that makes false assumptions about others, portraying them in the worst possible light, with the end being damage to if not destruction of a relationship. When I first started this blog, I was often accused of being an assumption-holic, but when the things I've said came to fruition, was it really an assumption. I've said it many times before; the City of Lumberton is a place of many double standards. We have self-proclaimed "Christians" that feel they can say and do anything to/against you as long as they're doing it in the name of the Lord. There were times when I thought I was probably being too harsh on Tim Johnson just because he often found himself in the pulpit, but my critique of him was not based on his station in the church but based on the fact that traits he exhibited in church was often not patterned outside the walls of the church. Or perhaps they were, if a person feels that a woman is not supposed to be in a position of authority, they're more than likely, going to treat a woman in authority with the same level of disdain as Tim Johnson has treated Mayor Miriam Holder. Now there's talk that Johnson (or Gibson) is planning on running for mayor in the next election. My focus is not on either of them because if they run for mayor, it an attempt to split votes. It is my belief that if either of them runs for mayor, they are running because they're supporting the third person that will be in the race; not because they want the position. When I heard that Johnson was planning on running for mayor, I was having a what in the Book of Deuteronomy moment is he thinking? Tim is not my representative and does not represent me or my interest and from what I've heard from those in his ward, he doesn't represent their interest either. So many from that ward has told me that they voted for Tim because he was the lesser of two evils and my point would be that if you're choosing the lesser of two evils wouldn't your choice still be evil. IJS. When the candidates were qualified, I noticed what was happening and I sat at the barber shop telling my barber that if Gibson, Johnson and Young get elected, it was not going to be a good thing for our city. Thankfully, the whole crew couldn't pull off a victory and since the remaining Manchurian Candidates didn't get the leader they wanted, they assaulted the finances. laws and Mayor of this city in retaliation. Soon, it will be time for a new election and I hope the people all across this city have learned that every choice you make have consequences. I hope we're not going to let church affiliation or other nominal characteristics led us down this path again. I don't know who's planning on running in the next election, but the residents of Ward 4 need to start backing a new representative. . .NOW! I would love for Cannaday to throw his hat back into the political ring because he was a passionate and concerned about the best interest of those he represented. If he don't want to return, I wish Betty Speights would consider a run for office; she knows how things work at city hall and she's a beloved member of the community. Other names that keep coming to mind are Charlotte Edwards and Keith Brown . . . all of those would make a good representative for Ward 4. .

Comments

  1. Are you in this category for assuming things since you jumped to a conclusion about mojo's son taking the baseball job and it not happening. just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you hang onto every word I say in the hopes of finding an error. Unlike you, I didn't respond right away because I blog and put it on the shelf. So, I looked up the April 26th blog post and I started off with this is information I was told by several people concerned about the Lumberton School system. So, I didn't make an assumption. Sorry to disappoint you but you're wrong. . again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman