M-Pact Club Awards Celebration


This weekend, Jamyria Holder, founder of the M-Pact Club, hosted the 1st Annual M-Pact Club Awards Celebration. When Jamyria, aka My-My, told me of her plans to host the event, I was not certain that the event would take place, but instead of dousing her dreams, I told her that I would be more than happy to help any way I can. God gave her a vision as well as provisions to fulfill the seed that was planted in her heart. The event was quite successful.(I'm not even going to go into my rant about the fact that WDAM did not respond to the many calls and press releases regarding this program. But I guess they didn't respond because it was about something positive happening in the City of Lumberton.) The mistress of ceremonies was none other than Prophetess Andrea Hardy of New Orleans, Louisiana. Minister Deidra McLemore led the attendees in praise and worship services and later gave a rousing rendition of Mahalia Jackson's "Trouble of the World." Sis. Annie B. Holder gave a worshipful performance of "Precious Lord" and Kemisha Fairley-Harris sent chills up our spines with her rendition of Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All." There were praise dance performances by the Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church chapter of M-Pact Girls, Sha'Colby Holder and Bernisha McLemore also performed and Sharun Tribette performed a soul-stirring tribute dance performance in honor of M-Pact Club founder, Jamyria Holder. There were several pastors that were in attendance, and it was pleasing to see that there are still pastors around like Rev. James "Buddy" Peters, Rev. Dennis Holder and Rev. Perry Holder, that encourage their members to use their gifts and give them the opportunity to share them with others. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to leave your church, but I am encouraging you to leave the people that can't recognize the church in you. Your gifts are not benefiting you or the ministry if they remain on the shelf.
Before the end of the evening, there were several awards that were handed out, including, but not limited to the following: Mrs. Queen Rogers, the Living Legend Award, Mayor Miriam R. Holder, the Still I Rise Award, Mrs. Peggy Winston, the Motherhood Award, Mrs. Jeanette Holder, the Trailblazer Award, Dr. Carla Holder, the Social Humanitarian Award, Rev. Jerry Rogers, the Called to Greatness Award, Mr. Bobby Ray Toney, the Walk by Faith Award, Ms. Cassandra Bowles, the Each One Teach One Award, Rev. Dennis Holder, the More Than a Conqueror Award and Stanley McGowan, the Advance Your Swagger Award.
As the program was closing, Rev. Dennis Holder channeled the spirit and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as he quoted from the "I've Been to the Mountaintop" sermon: "Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman