Wheels and Deals: The Real Reason Dirt Cheap Left Lumberton

e Months before Lumberton’s municipal election, I was on the trail to discovering what led to the closure of Dirt Cheap. After making several calls, I was informed that the reason Dirt Cheap closed its Lumberton location was because the owners of the building raised the leasing fee. Now, how many of you are just as shocked as I am? All this time, I thought they owned the building. I had no idea that they were leasing the building. I discovered this information a long time ago but I didn’t want to be accused of trying to sway the voter with this information. Also, I never imagined that Lumberton would elect Winston to serve a mayor. I have always been committed to exposing the “truths “ of Lumberton, regardless of what was said about me or my methodology. I am not one that viewed the events of Lumberton unfold from the forest nor am I an individual that has been blinded by the Miriam Holder hate trees. There are those that hated our previous may so much that it did not matter what I posted, they would not accept the knowledge I was presenting. Yes the bible says that my people perish for a lack of knowledge. Many times, people stop there but if they continue to ready, they will realize that the lack of knowledge comes when knowledge is rejected. In the City of Lumberton, there are those that have been sipping from the pitcher of Hater-aid and that bad taste has not only left a bad taste in their mouths but it has the rest of us recoiling from their bad breath. There are those in Lumberton that do not care if the truth is exposed because they like who they like and they hate who they hate. It is difficult to deal with the scrutiny that comes with exposing what has been swept under the rug. I don’t care who the person is, if they are doing wrong, then they should not be allowed to continue to do wrong and that is what’s wrong with this city and that was the problem with the previous board. It seems that all of Mayor Holder’s quest to demand accountability was a winner-less fight. As you see, we are still in the same predicament we were in before. I cannot seem to comprehend why any businessman or group of investors will push out any business in this city. It’s hard for me to believe that Wheels and Deals is generating more traffic to Lumberton than Dirt Cheap. Now, Wheels and Deals, LLC may be able to make the money needed to cover the over inflated leasing price of the Dirt Cheap Building or the ones that own the building may have given them a “special” discount and just used the fact that they owned the building to close down a viable business that was apparently impeding the renewed vision for “Lake Lumberton.” I have been hesitant in going to the Lamar County Court house to look at the paper trail for the transition of ownership of the building. At first I was going to track it down and just put it all on the blog, but I have come to realize that my work is neither accepted nor appreciated. Therefore, anyone wanting this information would need to do the leg work themselves. There is so much going on in Lumberton and the residents are sitting back, voting based on friendships, business relationships and campaign promises but they are not willing to look into what’s going on. For the most part, the residents of Lumberton are prime examples of target fixation. (Target fixation is a process by which the brain is focused so intently on an observed object that awareness of other obstacles or hazards can diminish. Also, in an avoidance scenario, the observer can become so fixated on the target that they will forget to take the necessary action to avoid it, thus colliding with the object.) Month after month, Merlene Wall give a detailed report of the errors that she has uncovered at city hall but most people either don’t want to hear what is being reported or don’t care because “Stephanie is our friend.” The same could be said of the report that is generated by Chief Cowart. Citizens basically are not concerned that there are hundreds of thousands of dollars missing and/or misappropriated. It all just leaves you shaking your head. Then to top it off, these are the same mis-informed individuals that usually go to the polls and vote on what they heard and not the facts. I have given Winston time to show what he’s going to do for Lumberton and I am underwhelmed. I don’t know the true reason for the zoning change of the Movie e Star building but I still do not think it was for the benefit of bringing jobs to Lumberton. I think the zoning change for the Movie Star building was an effort on the part of his business partners to find a way to market the building as something else and the zoning change will allow them to raise the price…..again…..on this vacant building. Now, I hope they prove me wrong but for now, that’s my thought. Also, if the “investors” were interested in bringing industry to Lumberton, there are two vacant industrial parks. Why change the zoning in an area that would affect the value of an individual’s home. Also, Winston announced during the campaign that there are businesses that are waiting for him to get elected to bring jobs to Lumberton. Well, that was over 100 days ago and correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think I missed any ribbon cutting ceremonies. There are some serious issues and deficiencies that need to be addressed and it’s time for the Mayor and Board of Alderpersons to get on the job. You can continue to try and avoid the matter, but the police department is going to need new cars and they need them like years ago. You think this city is in turmoil now, let something happen to a resident because the police could not respond because of a transportation issue. The lack of concern or ability to address these issues will eventually catch up with the city. So, while we have a mayor that is fixated on cancelling a holiday, he should be looking for a better way. The only person that knows why a person ran for office is that person. However, there are a myriad of reasons why voters vote for the people they vote for. One thing is certain, if the city voted for Winston because they thought he had the ability to lead Lumberton out of the wilderness; they must realize that Moses wasn’t elected……he was chosen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman