Water Down the Drain

Over the last few months, I lost interest in blogging. There are those that asked me if I was going to retun to blogging and I felt like what's the point. Well, the events of this past week has re-ignited my desire to start back blogging on a regular. The other week, several city employees were working to fix a major leak on Myrick Avenue. At one point, I said I was going to blog to let the residents in that area know they should watch their water bills because this city was going to look for someway to recover the funds that were lost during this process. Unfortunately, I failed to follow through with the blog post. So, to my surprise and wonder, the December water bill was delivered late and guess what, I realize my water bill had a 30% increase. There were no leaks, I reported the matter to city hall and was told that someone will go out for a re-read. I was also told I would receive a call but I have, to date, not received a call. I find it intersting that we have a new Public Works Director, Ryan Easley, but we are still experiencing random water bill hikes without rhyme or reason. I had some things to say about Ryan; some were positive and some are not so positive, but I'm beginning to think in line with the newly elected representative of Ward 2, Jay McGrew, and it's time to stop letting one person hold our city hostage. Enough is enough. How in the Hale are we having the same problem? Ramdom water rate hikes right after the a water leak lasted for almost months. First of all, the city rushed to hiring a new Public Works Director because the City of Lumberton was not having the water tested regularly and the health and safety of the citizens was jeopardized because of politics. Afterwards, they sent our a letter informing us the water was not tested but did not bother to let us know we should boil our water during the lapse in testing the water. I don't have a problem with Ryan, but I have a problem if he's going to come in and do the same crappy job as those who served before him. Now to his credit, when the workers were repairing the leak, he literally got in the trenches to make it work. He didn't do like his predecessors, Ben Barrett, Jr. and Danny Davis, and sit in his big truck like the plantation boss while the filed hands did the dirty work. However, when he came to repair the leak, he knew the water had to be shut off, but he didn't bother giving anyone in the area advance notice that the water would be off. Now, he didn't shut the water off once or twice, he shut the water off several times and at no time did he inform anyone in the area that the water was going to be shut off for hours. I don't live on Main Street but I truly believe that if I lived on Main Street or if the leak happened on Main Street, those residents would not be sujected to ramdom water outages because the workers did not feel the need to inform the residents of what was about to take place. OAN. . I am dealing with a excessively high water bill and it seems that nothing is going to be done about this matter. So, for the record, if I'm going to be overcharged for a bill and I don't have any leaks, then someone is going to provide me with some answers. Also, I would like to say, if I'm going to be targeted by the powers that be at city hall because of the things I say in this blog, then buckle up honey because it's about to be bumpy ride. If I'm going to be charged for things I say, then I'm about to give you a lot of things to use when you accidentally, on-purpose miskey the information regarding my water bill. I didn't start this feud, but you can rest assured, I'm going to have the last word in the matter. Just so you know, the fuse has been re-ignited and if you get burned then so be it.

Comments

  1. I used to live in lumberton not long ago ifeel your pain. If they would get rid of the people that are in city hall Lumberton would be a whole lot better off the mayor is the cause of most of the problems that is why i got out as quick as my car would drive me. Thanks for all the info you give and the work you do keep ot up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman