Recap of the June 5, 2012 Board Meeting

Business as usual in the City of Lumberton. Again, the elected officials wanted to show those that elected them that they really are not concerned about them. The meeting went pretty good at the beginning, with the exception of a few stray citizen comments. Eugene Underwood was on the agenda to address the board and they took that as an opportunity to say they need citizens to submit a letter outlining what they need to address the board about. The board never offers solutions to any of the questions being asked, so why they need to have preview of what is going to be said. They get their board packets prior to every meeting and you can tell they're not reading that, but they want to get citizens to submit a letter in order to be added to the agenda. Just another control issue and a way to make sure they're not there if someone has an issue that the board does not want to address. There were more issues with the water bills. All over the city, there have been spikes in water bills and the only solution the board is presenting for the issue is to tell the citizens that they can make a payment plan. Citizens are being robbed by the water department. There's no way that a person with a $45 water bill for the last 12 months and all of a sudden they have a $500 water bill and then you send out a meter reader who say they can't find a leak. Seriously? The board is committing strong arm robbery via water meter readers. There's no way these people can have a spike that large and the board don't think it's a problem. Then, in the midst of all of that, they gave Roy a raise because of all of his so-called "hard-work." I said it before and I'll say it again, he's not working any harder than those guys on the back of the garbage truck or out in the trenches cutting grass. If you're going to give one person a raise, then it should have been given to all the workers. Fair is fair. Now, about this water issue, if the board would learn to think and stop looking for ways to avoid hearing from the public, they might have hired a meter reader, paid him/her .75/per meter to read the meters because something is going wrong with the numbers; I don't know if the mis-calculations are taking place on the street level or the office level, but they need to do a serious audit of the system before proposing a water rate increase. A citizen addressed the fact that she was given a speeding ticket in Love's Addition and there are not speed limit signs. My advice for her would be to take her cell phone and drive along the area where she was ticketed and show that there are not speed limit signs. Take that video to court and show it to the judge. There was some chatter about who filled out applications for the position of Chief of Police. Crider wanted to know who applied; I guess it had something to do with Hobson's application. In the meantime, Elsie will be attending a Chief of Police conference/training workshop. Jack McMullan gave his 6th Annual "Lumberton is doomed and I'll pay to have the blue house torn down" speech; and once again, he came empty handed. Now for some good news, Victoria A. Page will be hosting "The Difference" Back II School Drive on July 28, 2012 from 3:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. There will be food, games and school supplies given out. For more information, call Victoria Page at 601-447-6570.

Comments

  1. I don't remember seeing you at the meeting but you hit the nail on the head. Why didn't you say anything about how good Stephanie looked with all the weight loss from her gastric bypass or lap band surgery. I guess she's gonnna make you the elephant in the room. My bad, was it a secret? I know you remember when she had all those stomach issues last year and kept taking off work. Well, that's when she had the procedure. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love to read your blog but after today I don't think I will ever read it again... You are always so fast to cut down on somebody and you never take a look in the mirror... Maybe because your always to busy sticking your nose in other peoples business or in the kitchen making your millionaire pies... For you to put on a public website that the men that read the meters are uneducated is a pretty low of you... I would love to see your fat ass out there waddling around trying to read those meters... I personally know both of the men that read the water meters and I know Roy Easley, I can say without a doubt that any of them would not have a problem passing a 6th grade math test!!!! I hope somebody puts a slander suit on you so fast it makes your head spin... I still can't believe you would cut our city workers down like that. Did you not get enough attention as a child and you are trying to make up for it now?? Were you neglected? Is that what this is all about? You without a doubt a single, lonely, miserable man that has nothing better to do with his useless time! How about getting a real job and leave the people that are trying to make a honest living alone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to figure out who wrote this. Was it someone in the cooking class I taught or was it the cashier that wanted to know what I was cooking. I think that's who it is. Well, Lacosta you're entitled to your opinion and you're probably gonna be offended by the next blog post .

      Delete
  3. I am sure if Stephanie would have wanted all of you nosey people to know she has gastric bypass or lap band surgery she would have posted that herself! You people need to learn some manners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dare you say some of the things you say about people. Have you ever thought about checking your facts before you post? My(educated) husband just so happens to be on of the men that reads the water meters and I don't take kindly to the fact you are on here downgrading him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if your husband is educated then the post wasn't about him. .

      Delete
  5. Stephanie MullingsJune 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

    Thank you very much for the compliment on my weight loss. But I have to set your facts straight. Yes I did have two surgeries last fall. Female surgery in August and Gallbadder surgery in September. I started losing weight in January when I started going to Firehouse Gym and changed my eating lifestyle. It has been a long and hard journey losing 46 pounds. But it has been alot of hard work and will continue to be. During a round of tests in late October finding spots on my lungs was a life changing moment for me. If I didnt change my lifestyle now and get healthy, I wouldnt be here to see my kids and grandkids grow up. I have nothing against people having the weight surgeries, I just prefer not to go that route. Again, thank you for the compliment on my weight loss. But as an overweight person I will say it cuts to the core when someone calls you the "elephant in the room". Have a wonderful day everyone. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman