Shooting the Messenger

Yesterday, a status update led to a whole conversation about the City of Lumberton and the need for me to be more positive in the things I blog about. I called city hall to find out when the candidates would be certified for the election. I let the telephone ring over 15 times and right before I hung up, someone finally picked up the phone. I asked my question and I was told "the board requested to have the date moved extended to April 8, 2013." So, I posted what I was told, but I posted it in the form of a question. Well, several people responded to the post. Some were saying Lumberton will never amount to anything and that it was the laughing stock of the state. Then there was this Cody guy, who on several occassions, blamed all of Lumberton's problems on Mayor Holder but for some reason, he was very supportive of everthing she said on the blog yesterday. Instersting. Also, he made a point of saying he had been led here, by the Lord, and that "someone posting negative things about Lumberton" is the reason we're the laughing stock of the state. Now, on their own, the comments don't amount to a hill of beans, but Cody's previous comments that Mayor Holder was the root off all the problems plaguing the City of Lumberton and then on yesterday, he implied that my negative blog post was the reason for the problems in Lumberton. Well, isn't that one of those shooting the messenger. So, my blog is the cause of ALL the problems in Lumberton. Really Cody. And this is from a person that's been here a little over a year. So, let me set the record straight. I don't care if you're a half empty or half full type of individuals or not. If the board wasn't so inept, I really wouldn't have anything to post. In addition to the board meetings, there was the matter of the things going on within the clerk's office. This past month, most of the citizens of Lumberton experienced what most residents of Ward 3 and 4 have been experiencing for the past three years. We have always received whacked water bills and while the brigade was sending copies of the bills to News 7 and planning meetings to demand an adjustment; those of us who routinely received over inflated water bills were looking for a refund. There are those that wanted to use the one month of billing errors as exoneration for former city clerk, Stephanie Mullings, but one month of billing errors did not compare to years of impropreties. Within the comments that were posted on the blog, Mayor Holder made the statement "there is a difference between fact and opinion" and I should know the difference and she also quoted that "the truth will set you free." Really, Mayor Holder. Since I felt that Mayor Holder was bascially saying I was lying, I had to remind her that the information I received was given to me by city hall. I didn't pull the dates or information out the air. I called and was told the board requested the extension. It was not until speaking with Jerry Walters that I found out it was something requested by the Department of Justice because of the redistricting. And I let her know that I was aware of the passage that the truth will make you free. After seeing her edited post, I immediately took to my blog and I will be posting another post entitled "The Fact Remains". It will detail some things that the citizens need to know. There may be some that might not like what I have to say, but it will be said. And I don't like when a person tries to attack me. I have, however, learned to let my emotions simmer before responding, but if I'm going to be challenged on my "facts" then I'm going to challenge you on yours. I don't know why people let politics get ugly, but if you want to get ugly with me, I have no problem returning the favor. I don't make the events that took place in Lumberton, I report them. When Hoboson threatened me, I didn't fabricate the arrest record with his name on it; it was left at my door and I felt it was the public's responsiblity to know what type of person Gibson, Crider, Johnson and Hale wanted to serve as Chief of Police. When I posted about the problems in city hall, I didn't print out the water bills or fail to deposit the checks. There are those that will believe whatever they want to believe. For instance, there a woman that's hasn't received her water deposit and this has been going on for the last 6 months and she is taking advice from the person that failed to turn in the deposit in the first place. SMDH. I love the City of Lumberton, but I don't love what it has become and if if was not for my blog, a lot of the dirt that took place during this administration would have been swept under the rug. I was getting to stop blogging because of campaign season. I didn't want to upset people that I may have to work with and seeing how things were handled this past four years, I'm well aware that people can bevery petty. But since the mayor want to call me a liar, I feel it's my duty to respond. If she want to take up for her untrained clerk, then that's her perrogative, but don't come for me while trying to be a mouth piece for someone else. We're all adults and if you're big enough to dispense mis-information, then be big enough to deal with the consequences. So don't take my blog and try to make me the villian. Lumberton was once a thriving city and it can be that again. But the status quo, those buying up the land, do not want Lumberton to grow; otherwise, they wouldn't be halting growth within a city they claim to love. The fact that I report the matter does not mean I'm the problem. If you don't like the blog, you can start your own. As a matter of fact, one person did start another blog for the City of Lumberton. The blogs were mainly in response to what I had to say, but it is what it is. Just as I have the freedom to say what I say, this person had the freedom to start his Anti-Lumberton Informer blogs. He said there were not personal attacks, but they were. But that's neither here nor there but it is what it is. I will continue to blog and I don't have a problem saying what I have to say; weather you like it or not. I can't sugar coat my messages. If you want a sugar coated message, there's plenty of churches you can go to for that. Not acknowledging the issues of Lumberton would be like a man with a broken leg going around saying nothing's wrong with his leg but he's wearing a cast and walking around on crutches. Lumberton needs to heal and Lumberton need to stop operating like we're in a high school popularity contest. I don't care if they're black or white, young or old, gay or straight, if the person can help Lumberton, I will support them. Those in office has shown us who they are. But the question you must ask yourself is "Why don't you believe them?"

Comments

  1. to be honest with you jay griff some people cant handle the truth i have lived in lumberton for 25 years and im 35 now i thought about running for aldermen myself but then i thought about it if you cant have a board that can come together to better this town then why go in as a lone wolf praying for change the problem is they all say oh we will do this and we will do that but then when they get in office seem to forget who put their asses there funny they wanted to bring a prison to lumberton i mean really a prison in all these damn woods and the jobs we had in lumberton they ran away i mean go 10 miles north or south and you almost think your in a big city but poor lumberton a.k.a the town that greed runs is drying up well i say to that you thirsty mother fuckas yall need holy water practice what you preach and dont try to play GOD with other peoples well being i get so mad when i think about the fact that im raising a child here and wondering when he gets older what will be left of lumberton so i say to the people in lumberton put your trust in GOD cause you aint seen nothing yet the best is yet to come LUMBERTON STAND UP!!!! and this is from R DUB if you know me you know i keep it 100

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman