Water Boarding: Lumberton Style

They finally terminated the employemnt of embattled city clerk, Stephanie C. Mullings but for some reason, they're still having trouble in the city clerk's office. Just the other day, a neighbor showed me her water bill and it was over $500. After the so-called investigation, the city determined that the water went through her meter. Really. It seems like a biased opinion, if you ask me. While Stephanie was in office, it was easy to say she was stealing this and she was allowing certain friends/family to pay whenever or whatever they wanted to pay. Now that's she's no longer at city hall, the problem with the water department still exist. If you recall, I have always said that if any stealing and/or malfeasance is taking place at City Hall, it could not be done alone; it would require a partnership. Well, I hate to say it but it seems that my speculation is true. So, who else at city hall is padding their pockets? Now, it doesn't take a college degree to see that something is amiss. I don't care how you add it up, there is no way a single family that has had water bills averaging $48/month all of a sudden end up with a water bill in excess of $500. So, what is going on and what is being done to correct this matter. We have been around this mountain too many times. What's flowing from the faucets of Lumberton, Moet, Cristal, Grey Goose or Ciroc. Come on now people. This is ridiculous. Either the water system is completely out of order or as I stated, Stephanie was not the only theif in the office. Allegedly speaking of course. I don't know about you, but I have yet to receive a water bill this year. I've heard that we, the citizens, are expected to go to city hall to find out how much we are required to pay. And to that I say. . .Hellllllllllll nawllllllll!. I don't work for the City of Lumberton and the Mayor and Board of Aldermen has made sure I don't work for the City of Lumberton. So, if I don't get a bill, I don't get paid. I'm not going by some imaginary figure that's just given at a whim. I need to see the bill and the water usage that's been recorded. So, I'll put it like this, if they want me to call to find out my bill, then I propose that I read my own water meter, set my own water rate and then write a check in accordance to my calculations. And please, don't think I've changed my mind about the crimes that were allegedly perpertrated by former city clerk, Stephanie C. Mullings. I'm not saying she's innocent. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem that she was alone in her actions. I don't care that her mother has posted that she has gotten a lot of support since being terminated by the City of Lumberton. To be honest, I'm not surprised. That's generally how the system works. If you recall, O.J. Simpson and Casey Anthony recevied a lot of support and we all know they were guilty despite the ruling of the courts. WTBS. There's a board meeting tonight and we will see how much more waterboard will be endorsed by this administration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman