Ballz Deep: Pun Intended

I have been getting feedback about the recent line of posts that have been generated on this blog; some good and some. . well. I've also heard that several aldermen are upset about being referred to as eunuchs. Heavens to Betsy, I thought they didn't read this blog. But why are they upset? Were the things I said false? No. Did they have an opporutnity to end this travesty of fiscal irresponsiblity a long time ago? Yes. So let me clear up the eunuch statement before moving on. I know they're not actual eunuchs, but politically, they're eunuchs. It don't take balls to lie, cheat, steal, sell drugs, cheat on your spouse or any other act of lawlessness/cowardice. However, it takes a pair to do the right thing. To stand in the midst of adversity. To do the right thing even when others are going down the wrong path. To stand for truth, justice and integrity when everyone else is so easily swayed into getting on the slippery slope. That's ballzy (and no I don't know if that's a real word, but you know what I mean.) For the record, let's look at their firing practices. Gibson, Johnson and Crider have voted to terminate people at the drop of a dime. In case you forgot, they voted to terminate Chief Fortenberry (so they could hire Hobson), Franklin, Cassandra Fortenberry, K. Johnson, J. Hosey, A. Phillips, J. Messner, B. Speights, H. Wilkes, and the list goes on and on. Now, these individuals were operarting within the bounds of integrity, but Gibson, Johnson and Crider did not have an issue getting rid of these individuals and didn't think twice about how this termination would affect their lives. But now, they're seemingly troubled about making a decision that would be best for the City of Lumberton. If I can recall, the only other times they had a problem terminating employent was when it came to Timothy Ryan Byrd and Dennis Hobson. Oh yeah, there was this allegedly steroid infused officer that they were trying to hold on to as well, but I forgot his name. The last thing I heard about him was that he was working in Columbia. Not really sure. But if you could recall, Byrd was Hobson's little lap dog; an uncertified, tempermental, loose cannon, but a lap dog nonetheless. He scoured the books for weeks looking for something to get on me and all they could come up with was parking violation. I was like, what the Hale? Did parking wars come to Lumberton? Now, the board thought they had something that would shut me up, but they didn't. I paid the over-inflated towing cost and right after getting my car back, I logged onto the computer and blogged again. But the board (Johnson, Gibson, and Crider) wanted to give Byrd his atta boy. . good doggie reward so they, along with Hobson fought to keep him on the streets of Lumberton. Thankfully, the certification board in Jackson saw through this ploy. Now, in case you didn't recall, Byrd had allegedly lied on his job application (reason enough to terminate his employment) but this board fought tooth and nail to keep him on the city's payroll. If I can recall, they even created a new job title for him in an effort to keep him on the police force. They also fought to keep Hobson as well. But since Rebecca was so intoxicated with Stephanie, she went ahead and voted to terminate Hobson; allegedly at Stephanie's direction. I remember the day they terminated Hobson, it was the same day Kim Rogers was holding the Travon Martin rally in front of city hall. Prior to the meeting, Kent Crider was sitting in his van at the back of city hall and Bobby Gibon was later spotted across the street by the storage units. Timothy Johnson had greeted his family, who attended the rally. Since he greeted his family, he entered city hall through the front doors and not the back and I think that's the only reason why he was not intercepted before the meeting. I sat in the car, waiting to see if Crider was going to enter the meeting, but he drove off after the meeting started. It is my belief, if Johnson had not went through the front door, there would not have been a quorum and the board couldn't vote on Hobson's termination. If I can recall, Johnson was against Hobson's termination, but at least his presence allowed the meeting to go forward which allowed the termination to take place. For that, I can at least say. . .thanks! Whoa. . I think I drifted off there for a moment. . . Now back to the blog post. . . if Gibson, Crider and Johnson are upset, then they need only be upset with themselves. Don't get all up in arms about my use of metahpors and hyperboles within the text of this blog. Get upset at the fact that you're not willing to do what you need to do to fix the mess you permitted. I love the fact that they are still making such idiotic steps in the months leading to the next election. But as for me, I'm going ballz deep (in my Wesly Pipes voice). And plese don't act like you all don't know who that is. Until the next time. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman