Embezzelment: The New Normal???

There has been news for the last few months about city clerk’s throughout South Mississippi being charged with embezzlement. Like many of you, I was wondering, when was an investigation going to be conducted about the allegations of missing funds at Lumberton’s City Hall. Well, I don’t know if an investigation was ever conducted, but there’s something amiss taking place at city hall. According to my sources, the city clerk, Stephanie C. Mullings, has been on medical leave and is scheduled to return on January 22, 2013. Another source has told me that the city attorney, Lindsey Carter, has instructed the Mayor and Board not to have any contact with the city clerk. Now, that leaves me to wonder, who is running city hall. I love Sue like a crazy, chain-smoking auntie, but everybody knows (in my Phadrea voice) she haven’t been to any training since the last board was in office. So, who’s doing the payroll, depositing the water bill payments, and putting together the packets for the board meetings? Also, if there is some sort of pending action that is about to be taken against Stephanie, then why is Lindsey dragging his feet. Or is he reluctant to put an end to this cash cow (no pun intended). If this board is setting in motion plans to terminate the city clerk, then they need to get to the business at hand so the city can begin to move forward. I know they’re not dragging their feet because she’s on medical leave. Hell, they voted to fire Hobson before he got off the operating room table. You all remember the follow up, he was sitting at home, bandaged up with his Polo cap on and the crutches at his side. This board had used their personal agendas and testosterone infused opinions to run this city into the ground. Now it’s time for them to pick their scrotum up and do whatever needs to be done to get this city back on track. It’s time to grow a pair and stop using your scrotum as something for your wife to keep in her purse, to pick lint off or as a squeeze toy for the deaf. If you had the balls to support this mess, then have the balls to put a period and move on. From what I’ve been told, the city clerk has been in and out of the office since taking her medical leave. I don’t know what’s going on but I know that something in the milk ain’t right. I will keep you posted if I find out any more details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman