Speak the Truth: Shame the Debble (Devil)

Yesterday was one of them days. It seems people are paying attention to the blog lately. Bloggers have more leeway than normal reporters because we don't have to vet our information, but I try to make sure the information I'm putting out there is correct. Well, the other day, I posted about the police department and the issuance of a warrant. In all honesty, I did not attempt to get the other side of the story. I just took the second/third hand information and let my fingers do the walking. Well, when Lumberton 7 conforted me about the imporprities within the post, I removed the post from the site, but as we know, I can't go back and unring the bell. There are some that may say I posted the story because Chief Elsie Cowart does not like me. To be honest, that's neither here nor there and her disdain towards me is her issue, not mine. But I must be more mindful of the things I post. I have interacted with Lumberton 7 on many occassions and she has always been professional. As I stated yesterday, I don't know anything about being a police officer and I'm certain that the amount of pressure they endure on a daily basis can be daunting. I can't imagine an officer being ultra polite if they have a warrant in their hand, but I also know that the attitude of another person is subjective. I know this, the person that was presented with the warrant was given the opportunity to view the warrant. When I was getting arrested for failure to pay a parking ticket, I was never allowed to see the warrant. I also have the feeling that female officers are judged more harshly than their male counterparts. I think when a female officer exert any authority, it may be misconstrued as being overly agressive. What I'm trying to say is this, I think I'm going to leave the police stories alone. I know how easily it is for a police officer to use their position to act out a vendetta and I don't need to aggravation. Now, if I'm personally involved, I will post, but other than than, if you have an issue with the Lumberton Police Department, you need to file a report and hope the lame duck board will listen to your plea for help. Besides, it wasn't fair to the officers involved for me to post one side of the event. Better yet, it really was a matter that I should have just left alone. OAN: I also noticed that Faye Houts Engle responed to one of my posts. She offered to provide me with medical documentation about her daughter's illness. As she stated, "no matter how sick you are, you still have to be a mother!!! I will be glad to show you medical documentation of her shingles anytime you want." I don't think I was saying she wasn't ill, but then again, maybe I was. I was shocked to see the response. There was a time when almost everyone said the blog was just fiction and full of lies. Well, within the confines of one day, I had several people contact me about the content of what was posted. There was some that wanted me to share information about the other side of the warrant and there was those that wanted to know if our clerk was actually ill. For me, it just let me know that more people are reading that you think. I already know the number of people logging on because I have access to the page manager app, but there are some that would like to make others believe that no one is reading. WTBS. I have learned to close the book on certain issues and I think I'm beginning to grow in another direction. Yet OAN: I recently found some information about a potential candidate that I wanted to share with his opponent, but for some reason, my calls are not getting returned and that told me all I needed to know. Since she's not willing to return my calls, I guess I'll keep a cap on the information I uncovered. I don't have time for foolishness. In the coming weeks, I will try to bring some brighter, more positive posts to the site. Until then. . Govern yourselves accordingly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman