Another Night In the Jects


First of all, I know that my haters and dyslexic readers are going to say why is he putting this on the blog? I’m putting this on my blog because just as sure as the day is Sunday, the folks in Lumberton will be talking about these events at their various gathering places. So, don’t hate on me because I have the wherewithal to put the events into a readable format. Now that I have that part out of the way, here we go. The City of Lumberton is in the middle of cutting the budget, and they need to remember nights like this when they consider making cuts to the police department budget. I was nestled in my bed without a worry or care, in hopes that Sunday morning would soon be there. Then deep in the night, I heard such a clatter, I rushed to my window to see what was the matter. I saw a large crowd of people arguing and fighting. It took me a minute to gather my thoughts and interpret what was going on, so I raised my window so I could hear what was being said. Now keep in mind, this is happening in the middle of the street at 4:00 a.m. (Are you serious? Who does that? It was like I was watching the Lumberton version of Street Fighter) Unfortunately, I still don’t know what was going on. Apparently, somebody had managed to piss somebody off, and the result was not pretty. I recognized some of the people that were fighting, but as you know, I don’t give out names (contrary to popular belief). Before this mêlée ended, there were two police cars from Lumberton on the scene as well as two cars dispatched from the Lamar County Sheriff’s office. But this thing was like a wild-fire and it was getting out of control. Somehow, in the midst of the yelling, the cursing, the officers were able to bring some order to the situation. Finally, in the midst of the sea of blue lights and spectators, the crowd was dispersed and those who traveled from neighboring distances drifted back to their homes. Personally, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of this matter. Many of you know that Friday marked the beginning of the 2010-2011 academic school year for Lumberton, but it’s apparent that the 2010 Summer Night fight season is still going strong.

Comments

  1. Just like you Jon I was awaken from my sleep with a phone call saying look out your window. This has got to end and the police has got to arrest these kids. Too many times have people been awaken out of their sleep by the children from across the street fighting. Granted it started over here at a gathering, and flowed through here to the streets on the corner. How the kids from New Jack got in it I really dont know but they kept it going even after the police tried to handle it. They have no respect for authority or adults. You could hear them cursing the police and still taunting the kids and adults from Frank Lee Homes. They were out of control. My question is Where were the Parents? Standing looking and all rialed up themselves. This is insanity for boys 16,17 and probably younger need to get there act together because when someone who is tired and not feeling there Shit shots one of them the parents will be ready to fight, cry ( you didn't have to shot him) and file charges when it could have all been avoided if they had WHOOPED thier kids ASSES in the first place. You best believe the police or someone who dont care about them are going to do what the parents should be doing. This is going to end up with someone dead or seriously hurt if something is not done about this and fast. Now let see what is management of both sites going to do about this, its time out for being friends with your tenants sometime you have to do your job or there is someone out there who will. Move the trouble out of the neighborhood and maybe it will change a little. GET THESE KIDS UNDER CONTROL BEFORE THEY END UP DEAD OR IN JAIL. THATS REAL TALK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I'm talking about. This keeping it real mentality is going to get someone killed. We got all this stuff happening in Lumberton and no one want to do anything about it. There is a curfew ordinance, but it's no good if the City does not give the police department the money and manpower needed to curtail these types of events. It has gotten out of control, and something needs to be done before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me guess... No one was arrested? What do you have to do to get arrested in Lumberton?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the parents of these kids needs to be arrested as well as these kids. Half of these kids don't have fathers disciplining them and the mother's too busy trying to get a dime bag. Noncustodial parents get arrested for not paying child support. I think they should arrest the custodial parents for not controlling their child. It is ultimately just a direct result from the break down of God's design for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Desonata. . I guess Lumberton is participating in the catch and release program b/c when an arrest is made, the judge automatically releases them back into the wild so they can become a bigger, stronger, more efficient criminal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got word that two people were arrested as a result of the fall out of this matter, and that more is to come. From what they would tell me at the Lamar County jailhouse, there is a hold on the ones arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. why does everyone hate on the police if lamar county had a real youth court judge that would send these kids off this would stop but instead the police have to release them because the youth centers are full and Mr Thornton is week or just lazy. if this was in forrest county these kids would've been gone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they need to bring ny back he had them kids under control . he arrested anyone that did wrong it didn't matter who they were

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman