Things Are Tough All Over


When it rains, it pours. First I heard about Fiorello's closing and now I just found out that the feed mill (Land of Lakes) has closed. That is going to be a big hot to Lumberton's budget. That is a great loss in the amount of revenue that will be going on the books for Lumberton. I hope our aldermen are paying attention to what is going on in this city and submit a budget that will help us weather these hard times. I have been trying to decide what to post and what to leave out, but you know my tag line states "From the hood to the hall. . . I'm reporting it all." So, I would like to talk about what's been going on at City Hall these past few days. I want to know the legality of taking employee time cards out of City Hall to fninish payroll. When I came to City Hall on Thursday, I saw Deputy Clerk 1 leaving the office with some paperwork. I needed to research some information about a zoning ordinance and when I asked Deputy Clerk 2 where was Sue going with all those papers, she told me that she was going to work on payroll. Now, I don't know all there is about the law, but I don't think it's legal to leave city hall with employee information. I don't know what was in the papers she had, but I think she would need payroll information to get assistance in completing payroll. Notice I didn't say allegedly because I witnessed her taking some paperwork from the office. Also, there is news that the Mayor Pro Tempor was allegedly talking with a city employee about another city employee's payroll information. When the mayor is away, the rest will play. Unfortunately, this is a very dangerous game. We have individuals that are opening this city up for some serious legal matters. Hopefully, our aldermen will take into account the seriousness of these matters and address them at the next board meeting. Some serious cuts need to be made to the payroll and cross training needs to take place in City Hall. It's ridiculous that we have a deputy clerk with four years of experience and she still can't do her work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman