Why Do I Blog?


Yesterday, I posted a blog about the old hospital. Last night, I received a call advising me to remove the post because I could be charged with trespassing. So, I removed the post, but after removing the post, I felt that I was not being true to the reason why I blog. So, after looking through the pictures I had taken in the hospital, I realized that I had some valuable information. I had photos of several patient's information. I also called local and county law enforcement officials who told me that it didn't matter that the building wasn't posted with No Trespassing signs that I could still be charged with trespassing if it's private property. Therein lies the dilemma. Do I re-post the blog and take my chances or do I let the matter go? Well, readers of this blog should know the answer to that question. If I'm charged with trespassing, I will blog about it, and contact the ORC (Office of Civil Rights) at 1-866-627-7748 to report the HIPAA violations I uncovered. I am certain that the penalties for HIPAA violations far exceed those for trespassing. The roads from thoughtful consideration to necessary action are often bumpy, but traveling them is necessary to resolve difficult problems. I blog because I want to challenge our elected officials/voting public to make a difference, to not allow their actions to overshadow their reason or impair their judgement. I blog because it's simply what needs to be done. I have secure faith in my judgement because doubting myself is a form of defeat. Roads to change are paved with action.

Comments

  1. Im a little confused??? They cant respond as to why the hospital is not locked or why are there no trespassing signs but everyone is quick to file charges against you for entering the building. Its a shame that important information is just laying on a desk waiting for identity thieves to get their hands on it and use this info to their advantage. If I were you I would report this information to the right people so proper measures can be taken to secure the building or at least to destroy the information left in the building. The problem with this town is that no one wants to be held accountable for the actions that needs to be taken. Im not just talking about the officials in office now, these problems have been here for years and its time somebody take a stand and do whats right!!! *Just my opinion*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman