Where They Do That At, Part II?


Today, I'm not going to blog about the payroll issues, taking time sheets out of the office, suspensions or any of the other drama that took place this week. But I do want to talk about the big dumpster that is sitting in the middle of the street on Myrick Avenue. The dumpster is blocking half of the street, making it difficult and sometimes dangerous for drivers to get to the stop sign and their homes. I know they are in the middle of remodeling the units at Frank Lee Homes again, but there are several vacant units and the large dumpster could have easily been placed in one of the empty parking areas or on the lawn. Instead, they opted to place this large dumpster in the middle of the street, with no regards to the safety of those driving through this area. My question is who is responsible for correcting this matter? Should the police department ticket this company for their disregard for public safety or is this a matter for the code enforcer? I am not certain of the laws, but I don't think its legal to park a dumpster in the middle of the street. I contacted city hall about this matter yesterday and I was told that the mayor would not be in, and that Bobby Gibson was serving as Mayor Pro Tempore. So I told Sue about my concern and asked her to have Alderman Gibson to give me a call. I have yet to hear from him on this matter. I guess my message was either misplaced or no one has any intention of doing anything about this matter. I will follow up on the dumpster matter today and see if the City of Lumberton is going to do anything about this public nuisance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman