You Got Served!


I stumbled across an intersting bit of information this morning, but I don't know what I'm going to do with it just at this moment. For now, I'm going to keep this little secret to myself, but I'm not sure how long I will be able to refrain from sharing it with the residents of Lumberton. On a differnt subject, I was surprised to find that the Hattiesburg American is having some of the same issues I am having with my blog. I have been contacted by individuals that wanted to tell me that I should post some positive stories about the City of Lumberton. When I am given that type of advice, I begin to wonder to myself "Is this person actually reading the blog, or have they been spoon-fed some second hand information about what is on this blog." Because those that read the blog know that I try to be fair and balanced in what I state. Sometimes it's positive and sometimes it's negative. I don't go out searching for stories to blog about.(The story about the old hospital is an exception.) I blog about things I see on a daily basis. That's why I wonder about our elected officials. How can they travel the same streets I travel and think that everything is fine? It would be lovely to travel along Main Street and not see horses and peacocks and five types of fencing in one yard, but that's what I see. Just a side note, I love the peacocks, but the only area that is zoned Agricultral-Residential is Lower Airport Road. And don't get me to talking about the dilapidated buildings, overgrown yards, and well, you get the point. Unfortunatley, some people have confused my blog with that of a public relations firm. I will report the good in Lumberton when it happens. I provide information about lunch programs, things that take place at the library, I give kudos(thanks) to those I encouter that are doing a good job, I provide information about resturants, beauty salons, festivals, and fund-raisers. I also blog about what is taking place at City Hall and the actions of our county and local officials. I blog about the positive as well as the negative. Somehow, only the negative seems to resonate in the minds of certain readers. I have a love/hate relationship with the City of Lumberton. There are so many things that I love about this city and there are so many things I hate about this city. The people of Lumberton are some of the most generous, caring, loving and supportive individuals you will find on earth, but somehow those traits seem to fly out the window once they become an elected official. And sadly, many of those traits are no longer expressed towards those of us who dare to give an honest reflection of what is going on in this city. So, for those that said I need to post more positive stories about Lumberton, I would like to charge you with giving me more positive stories to blog about. I would love to blog that we have put a stop to wasteful spending at city hall. I would love to blog that we have a board that helped to restore some financial stability to the City of Lumberton. I would love to blog that we no longer have a payroll full of employees that are not willing to seek the training they need. I would love to blog that the City of Lumberton has enough money to go from one fiscal year to the next. Until then, I will blog about what is taking place in our city with the hope that, someday, things will be different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman