Hypocrite


I generally don't respond to comments through by blog post, but for the last two days, my posts have been a direct response to comments that were made on this blog. Today, I was informed that I was a hypocrite. I guess some people can't handle the truth. For the record, a hypocrite is defined as a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion and another defination of hypocrite is a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings. Sorry, but neither of those definiations apply to me. But I would like to state that I would consider a person a hypocrite when they continue to make annonymous comments in a futile attempt the prove that they haven't done anything wrong. For instance, a comment was made stating that the city clerk could not be involved in any scheme to defraud the City of Lumberton because the city has been audited, and any discrepancies would have been found in the audit. On the surface, I would have thought this was a true statement, but when I looked through my paperwork, I realized that the City of Lumberton did not undergo a full out audit. The audit that is performed for the City of Lumberton is considered a compilation audit. A compilation audit offers no assurance as to whether material, or significant, changes are necessary for the statements to be in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, the cash basis, or the income tax basis of accounting. During a compilation audit, the data is simply arranged into conventional financial statement form. No probing is conducted beneath the surface unless the CPA becomes aware that the data provided is in error or is incomplete. I have to get a copy of the report, but I think the compilation audit stated that the city accounts are not being reconciled as needed. Now when Leonette was city clerk this was a matter of great importance, but now the same concern is being stated with a new city clerk and this board considers the matter a non-issue. How intersting. As I stated in the previous post, giving half-truths is the same as lying. To the reader that stated that they will never read my blog again I bid adieu. We have individuals that are staking their political career of the fact the the people of Lumberton will not hold them accountable. They have been in office for over a year, and they should have a good idea of what is going on at city hall. How many more times will Sue refuse to seek certification before they realize that she never planned on becoming certified? How many times will the issue of cross training come before the aldermen before they realize that it essential for the office to funtion properly? These matters should not turn into a power struggle with the mayor. This is about getting our elected officials, as well as those that are on the city's payroll, to do what's best for the City of Lumberton and if that makes me a hypocrite, then so be it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman