Me, Myself and I


After speaking with my advisor last night, I couldn’t go to bed. Something she told me had me dumb-founded. I love speaking with my advisor b/c she keeps me grounded, she’s not going to tell me what I want to hear, she’s going to tell me the truth, but I just found it hard to believe that the people of this city are saying that I am the one posting the comments on my blog. Wait, that’s not quite right. The black people of this city are saying that I am posting the comments on my blog. Now, I know why there are so few of us that attend the board meetings. This issue surfaced several weeks ago, and somehow it continues to rear its ugly head. There was group that wanted to get rid of me and they started telling everyone that I was the one that had posted a disparinging comment about them. I let the matter slide for peace sake, but why am I still being dragged through the mud b/c you wanted to find an excuse to get rid of me. Are you not satisfied? I’ve been sent to the back of the bus, so to speak, and still “they” are not satisfied. I don’t know why colored folks (yes, I said colored b/c they are acting like they still have cotton under their nails) are so easily convinced to believe a lie. I know that many people don’t have the ability to wrap their brains around the things I blog about, but I try to keep it 100. I know many of you think I am talented writer, but in order for me to put my findings in a post and then turn around and submit all the comments is a bit much. I know some of you think I have nothing to do, but that theory is way out there. I know we no longer have Harriet Tubman with us any more, but if you would stop with all these theories and innuendo, trust me, you will find freedom. I was looking for a way to address the comments that were being posted on the blog, and now I find that the people in my community are saying that I am the one blogging and posting the comments. I have encountered some stupid people in my life, but this one just takes the cake. Only in the State of Mississippi would someone come up with such a ridiculous theory. Wait, my bad, I am certain that there are some equally stupid people in other cities across these United States, but for now, I’ll just focus on those in the state with one of the nation’s largest drop out rate. There are those that want you to believe that I am the one calling myself an unemployed, apartment dwelling, opinionated, assumption-making, need to get a job, need to get a life, lying, momma’s boy. I guess I need to have a talk with my alternate personality’s b/c those were some harsh comments. I never would have guessed that I am They Call Me Mister Tibbs, Andrea Berarman, Stephanie Mullens, Paul Ockmond, El Paso, Desonta Holder and Anonymous all wrapped up in one. But since those living in the “quarters” (by the way, you guys really need to change that reference since slaves were the ones kept in quarters; which could be a direct link to the slave mentality that many of you possess) think there is no weight to what I blog about, then take some time out of your busy schedule and see for yourself. Attend the board meetings, and get a front row seat to see how our mayor is treated. Attend the budget workshops and see how the aldermen continue to say “they are in control” and how they boast by saying that anyone that don’t like their decision “will just have to deal with it or they can leave.” Get your heads out of the sand and start taking an active role in what’s going on in YOUR city. You say my posts aren’t true, you say that I’m wrong about city hall, you say that my blog is unfair, then prove me wrong. I dare you. Just remember this, I can lead you to the water, but I can’t make you drink.

Comments

  1. AMEN J, AMEN!!! Pass the offering plate!! You just preached that from the heart. As for the quaters thing, you said it! Keep on doing your thing. Everybody complains until they have to get in the driver's seat themselves.
    Like you have said before, everyone's focus needs to be on trying to attract business into this place. If the people in charge and the citizens keep on this path we're on, Lumberton will be no more. Nobody here seems to have a vision or a positive focus. It's all about power struggles, getting back at others for past wrongs, old guards not wanting to let go, family preferences and favors, people stealing and conning, others trying to conquer others, some playing instead of working, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.
    All these board meeting are about is confusion. Who has presented anything about them talking to prespective businesses or a plan to improve some of the sights around this place. The city looks about as shabby as the board looks sometimes.
    It just, I don't know, Strahan might have been off his rocker, but darn at least he was rocking. I mean, nothing, Absolutely nothing is being accomplished now or even attempting to be accomplished. I don't blame the Mayor for this either, because she can't do it on her own. If everyone would fall in line and focus on the important issues (business equal revnue equal life), and stand and try to save this place. Get behind the Mayor and be supportive, and when she is not doing what she needs to do, let her know. I bet if you are supporting her and she knows she got your support, she will be supportive of you. (She was in the school system for how long? Taught who knows how many? Dealt with how many supportive, unsupportive, calm, irate, knowledgeable, igrnorate parents, not to mention the children. I think she can handle this job.) Then you guys (The Board) and (The Mayor) will be better able and willing to work for the common good, the city of Lumberton, when you start backing each other.
    C'mon Mayor, you didn't take no stuff in school, whip butts, punshised when someone got out of line; you losing your touch. You need to kick butts and take names as the saying go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're simply getting a good dose of your own medicine, and Holder is getting a good dose of what she and her "rule by 3 votes" dished out while she was on the board. What goes around always comes around eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wake up folks! The Mayor cannot vote.....she can only veto. All you so called "Concerned Citizens" perhaps should start attending meetings and voicing your opinions to the Aldermen. The Board of Aldermen are voting solely for themselves. If it doesn't pertain to their personal benefit, they are not interested. Ask yourselves a question....What have they done? If it pertains to them personally, then you see them excited and taking an initiative. I observed an Alderman winking at Paul Ockmond when he presented documents requesting the board to change some zoning on County owned property. And guess who owns the adjoining property? Public info to be looked at in Lamar County records.
    Folks, you have been complaining for many years about the town not growing. Well, check out who owns most of the property on the main thoroughfares. Ben Winston and Paul Ockmond. Suedo businessmen who have no interest or knowledge or experience nor have they been successful in getting any type of business established that would benefit the city. However, they will try to blame the city. Now, consider who is on the board....Ben Winston's son-in-law and his business partner. Get the picture? They are still running this town....and nothing is getting done. How about those trailers on Hwy 13 that are on Ben Winston's property! Do you think the city is making any money on that deal? None!! Why, I don't even think they are paying inventory taxes with the county. Maybe someone should check into that. Maybe it should be an Alderman. Oh wait, they are related to the property owner. Folks, again, I say wake up and get involved. Take back your town. Let the Aldermen know that they are public officials working for the betterment of the city.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman