As The Lumber Turns. . .

News 7 reported that it was a bad day for Lumberton, but those that were victimized by the antics of the LPD thanked God and Ice-Cube because "it was a good day." Now, it's an entirely differnt situation when dealing with the termination of two coaches, but I will blog about that on the morrow. But as far as the news regarding the termination of Hobson, there was a collective sigh of relief across the City of Lumberton. I don't know the full purpose/reason behind the promotion/termination of Hobson but it is my belief that he was put in place to target certain indivuduals. However, after he realized that he was being used by certain members of the board, he started making changes in his mannerism and that's probably what led to his termination. Gibson and Hale loved the way Hobson went after the people of Lumberton and they supported everyone he brought before the board. They were more than happy with this methodology as long as he did not mess with their family members. I still don't know the reason why Hobson was terminated, but it seems that a failed relationship may have led to his demise. Now, E. Cowart has taken the reigns and is the new Interim Police Chief for the City of Lumberton. I don't know what's going to be done about the officers that were unfairly terminated. Are there any plans in place to bring back any of the full time officer or part-time officers, like Phillips and Messner? Are they conducting a search for another cheif of police or are they just going to let the next board make that decision? I know that I wouldn't want to be chief of police, not in Lumberton and definaely not with this current board in office. There are some that are saying the board should re-hire Adrien Fortenberry. I don't thank so! (yes. .I said thank.) Now don't get me wrong, I love Adrien like a play cousin but it was his ill-prepared exit that gave the board the ammunition they needed to get rid of him and most of the LPD. I would love to have him back on the Lumberton police force, but not as Chief of Police. He may have learned from his mistakes and would be better equipped for the position now, but that would be a decision he and the board of aldermen would have to make. I know he truly cared for the citizens of Lumberton and would do most anything to help anyone in need. Only time will tell what will happen next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman