GCB's of Lumberton


I must admit that my newest guilty pleasure is watching GCB on Sunday night. Why bother myself with the fakeness of the RHOA, when GCB is probably based more on the truth. Last night, while watching GCB, I realized that so many of those "types" are right here in Lumberton. Now, the executives at ABC left the title up for interpretation, some say the letter B stands for beauties, belles, but the real meaning rhymes with witches. They not only reside in cities like Lumberton, they're everywhere. You know the type, the bible-toting, scripture-quoting, Martini-chugging while the husband is drugging type of hypocrites that love to call on their prayer warriors while talking all type of crap about everyone they come in contact with. Just to be clear, the one's that try to fight off criticism by saying "the Lord knows my heart, I don't talk to those type of folk, or I just pray for those type of people." Sounds familiar? They put on a front like they're good, upstanding Christian ladies, but in reality they're Hale-cats. Just last week, I received calls about the fact that Sue was left to run city hall by herself. The person was rather sympathetic regarding the way Sue was being treated. She said she felt sympathy for Sue because they were kinda in the same boat; they're both having to step up and help raise their grandchildren. I must admit that when she was telling me about how Sue was being treated, I felt a little empathy, but then I realized that Sue has chosen to sleep in that bed. Regardless of how she's abandoned in the office, she did the same thing when Betty Speights was in the office. For some reason, now she's on the other end of the spectrum. But trust me, when push comes to shove, and they need Sue to back one of their stories, she'll be more than willing to bend the truth; just as long as she's able to receive a full paycheck, regardless of the number of hours she work. But it's interesting that Rebecca Hale didn't drag herself away from one of her "glass of liquid courage" and go to city hall to help man the office; she's done it many times before. As a matter of fact, at the last board meeting, Hale claimed to have typed the minutes and made the noted corrections herself. I guess her friendship with Sue doesn't run as deep as it does with others. Somehow, after Rebecca copy and pasted a new personnel policy, one that took away the superintending powers of the mayor, that favored the autonomous control of the city clerk, she should have realized that the guidelines regarding the manner in which vacation days/training days are taken should have been tweaked. In retrospect, there should be a policy in place that would prevent two clerks from being off at the same time since it affects productivity, but I don't know how productive they're being since it takes three weeks for a check written to the City of Lumberton to clear the bank. But Rebecca is the epitome of a GCB. She speaks out of both sides of her mouth and she make sure she keep her group of supporters, the Hale-cats, informed of her mischievous thoughts. I shouldn't be so harsh on Rebecca, but after another dose of her "medicine" she'll probably forget everything I just said. But just in case she's reading this in a "sober" state of mind, she can continue to go to city hall and print out copies of my posts and take them to a lawyer; she can continue to call on her friends (my frememies) and tell them how she wish something bad would happen to me because she don't have the intestinal fortitude to say those things herself; instead, she send her dogs out to carry that bone. But like my Aunt Thelma used to always say, if you want a bone to carry back, I'll give you a bone to carry(and we all know they're reading, but there's no need to respond, you silence is quite welcomed.) Until next time, bottoms up!

Comments

  1. That's awesome Jonathan, it is truly amazing that Hale can do these things and talk bad about you. Eventho she did the same to others (police officers) my God sits high and he looks low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wrong of you to say these thing about Ms. Halen Maybe if you would stop all this billshit that you write things may get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Ms. Halen (Hale) is voting because of the things I write in this blog then shame on her and the same applies to anyone else that's voting in a feeble attempt to get at me. For the record, I didn't approach Becky, she approached me and asked me to help build her case against Bobby Gibson and Timothy Johnson. So, just like she came to me when she wanted me to help her cause then she need to put her big girl panties on and tell me that I've gone too far. She need to tell me that herself, she don't need to send me a message by her messy friends. She know exactly how I feel and what I need to say, and she know how to contact me, she's called me before. And as far as your reference to bs, then you must be a s--- stirrer b/c not only are you reading, but you're engaging me so that I could respond to the comment you cowardly posted. I don't have a problem with saying what I have to say, but in case you forgot, Hale and all the aldermen say they don't read this blog, so how in the Hale could they be upset with something I said on this blog? Things that make you go ummmmmmmmm!

      Delete
  3. The GCB's are everywhere, they're not just on the board, they're in the library, at city hall, and they're in every community; it's just that we see Rebecca's behavior on display month after month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone sees Rebecca's eratic behavior, but no one says anything b/c they don't think we know the signs of drug/alchol abuse. How do you say, allegedly, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman