Are You Offended. . .Yet?

Yesterday, I had plans to blog about those I may offended within the context of the blog. I became a little emotional after seeing the devastation of the storm. At the same time, I was thankful that I made it home since I was actually in Hattiesburg during the storm. While returning home, I was thinking about how my passenger was so polite and freindly; depsite the things I said in the blog about her mother and I was thinking, would I have been able to be that cordial or would I have been undignified about the whole matter. Now mind you, the things I said were not untrue, but I don't think it should have been discussed in the blog. Well, that warm and fuzzy feeling I was experienceing was soon brought to a screeching halt. Whilst logging onto WDAM facebook page to get more information about the storm, by pure happenstance, I spotted a story about the new president of USM. After scrolling through the comments, I noticed the comments. Shortly afterwards, I posted a picture of one of the damaged buildings on USM's campus with the caption, "I wonder how long will it be before on of WDAM's viewers blame this on USM's black president?" Now keep in mind, this was a rhetorical question, but it ignited an ongoing diatribe between me and a band of troglodytes that bescumbered my personal facebook page with their archaic way of thinking. So, instead of attempting to make amends for some of my blog posts, I spent most of the day dealing with a gaggle of racists who think they're not racist. I ssort of felt like Paul in 1 Thessalonians 2:18, because I allowed Satan to hinder me. Therefore, no apologies today, because I have other fish to fry. The comment that led me to post the picture/caption is as follows: "These welfare lovers have an ape in the White House and USM is trying to play to the masses by hiring a monkey to take over." Now to me, that comment is offensive, but apparently, to the ones that posted a response on my facebook page, that's just conversational Anglish (English to non-rednecks.) Oh yeah, I was called a racist for using the term redneck. I was also accused of being antin-white, a free loader and uneducated. Now, I will admit, I have a way with words, and I will select a word based on how I'm feeling at the time. There was a time when a person of European descent make a derogatory comment towards me and I called them a redneck, percker wood, saltine, Honkey and even a bi**h, but none of them seem to have the same sting as the word they used towards me. Does that make me a racist? I think not, but I know the mindset of individuals that will use racist terminology while trying to accuse others of being a racist. I guess since they were losing the debate, they figured by yelling out racist, I would cower into a corner and not respond. That might work for others, but not for me. For instance, there was one person that said I was living off the system and "enjoying the benefits of having a black president." What benefits I'm allegedly receiving because we have an African-American president? For some reason, they were not able to verbalize or give details of my stack of benefits. When they failed to get that point across, they went back to his Confederate roots and called me "boy". Oh, I was shaking in my boots, or I guess that's what he thought. (Please note: The details of this conversation are still on my facebook page, and you are more than welcomed to take a gander. By the way, the conversation is still going on.) Then there was this one guy, Justin Martin, I think he worked for the Lumberton Police Department at one point, who said something about be being on goverment assistance and the fact that he has a Jim Walter's home. Wow! Let's give him a round of applause, he has a Jim Walter's home (sarcasm intended). He also said he does not receive any goverment assistance because he has a mortgage. Well, Martin, unless you paid for your home in cash, the mortagae is backed by a governemnt subsidy. Unless you paid for your car in cash, your car loan is secured by a goverment subsidy. Even the money we put into the bank is secured by a goverment subsidy. So the next time you try to look down on a person, do a little more research. For the record, I do not think I'm less of a person because I rent. I still sleep on 800 thread count sheets, and eat from dinner ware from Crate and Barrel and drink from Waterford Crystal glasses. Where I live does not define who I am and it definately does not negate what I have to say. Now, there was another member of the band of creatins that said he paid more in taxes than I bring home in pay. Really? How many acres of land does he own, and if he's making that type of money, I'm sure he'll be moving into Rick Tonry's old estate. But I guess he forgot about the goverment assistance his family received and the number of years his family paid rent (and some still do.) But that just apply to us so called Obama supporters. For the record, I did say "they don't get a pass because they have a baby and/or family member that's b-racial. I also had Tyler Owen refer to me as a "racist mf. . and that I needed to sit my ole ass down somewhere." Let me pause again for another "Wowzers" moment. I've said it before and I will say it again, just because you have a child the color of a iced caramel macchiato, (sorry for the reference, but it was my turn to make the office run to Starbucks) does not give you a racist free card. Just because you laid up with either a mandingo or a bed wench and produced a bi-racial child, does not mean you have free reign to say whatever you feel about another race. By the way, I wonder why there's more bi-racial births vs. the number of interracial marriages? I guess some are good enough to bed but don't quite make the cut to be wed. There are some that think I'm offened easily. Well, I hate to disappoint you; I'm not. I'm quite sure there are all sorts of people that hold the same feelings that this Klan has, but they don't have the stones to show their "true colors." I know I'm not anti-white and I know this blog has posts about everything that happened in Lumberton; whether it was doled out from the pulpit, the board room or the library. As a matter of fact, the most read story on this blog is the one when I discuss how Greg Toney went to Elise Cowart to have me arrested for something I posted on my facebook page. I guess the numbers soared because of number of black people that logged on to see what happened. I guess that old addage, if you want to hide something from a black person, put it in writing, didn't apply to that instance. Now, they may not care about the politics of their city, but put some gossip on the blog and they come a running. WTBS. I have been an equal opportunity offender and I would like to apologize to those I have NOT offended. Please be patient. I will get to your shortly. In closing, this is not required reading and I will continue to post things catch my attention. I will post the uplifting stories I had planned before getting sidetracked. In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. " Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Shalom!

Comments

  1. I HAVE HOLLERED UP IN HERE!!! I love quotes from the Lumberton Informer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman