Main Street Renovations Completed

The work from the Main Street Renovation project has been completed. There were some that wanted the dangerous, old buildings to remain, but the new green spaces have been a success. I have seen families having birthday parties, playtime and other gatherings at the various areas. The green space across from Ward's (The former location of Davis Cleaners) is a very popular spot. Families will go to Ward's and get a lunch and sit out at the park while their kids play. I know the things on the blog make Lumberton appear rather bleak, but there are some good things taking place as well. As you know, the two previous mayor's tried to block this grant, but thanks to the tenacity of Miriam Holder, the grant was brought to fruition. I will post more pictures of the green spaces on the Lumberton Informer facebook page.

Comments

  1. I enjoy this park with my daughter and I think it was much needed. I would just ask that folks work together to keep it clean. Every time I go I spend a great deal of time picking up Wards cups and wrappers, candy wrappers and plastic bottles. If we all spend a little time keeping it clean we can enjoy it for years to come. My husband said the park would be trashed within a year because people here don't care. But I have more faith in the people that care enough to take their children to the park. I think more people care than anyone realizes when it comes to our town and this country. I think people just feel overwhelmed or helpless when it comes to figuring out how to fix everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman