Saltine and Oreo Offended by Graham Cracker. . Film at 11

Last week, I allowed the utterings of others to interrupt my normal blogging process. I feel that whenever I take time to address the "haters" I lose focus on what I was intending to do. Therefore, I don't feel the need to address those that love to say I'm racist, anti-white or anything else they throw out there to distract me from my purpose. I have always believed that people generally don't show you their true feelings until they're angry and I feel that's true of the reader that said my blog was anti-white. When he was backed into a corner, he allowed his true feelings to show. Now, there are those that may express their true feelings and then come back later and apologize (a-pola-lie) but if you meant what you said, then stand behind what you said. There are times when I have apologized to people about the things that were said on this blog. Please keep in mind, I don't make any apologizies about how what I say, but I will apologize, if necessary, about the manner in which I said something. I pride myself on being raw and uncensored and I'm aware of what comes with that territory. I say it like I mean it and people will either have to deal or peel. I'm also aware that there are those that will have nothing but a negative response to what I say; regardless of what is being said. The other day, someone apparently thought I was honored because he related to something I said. I think he said something to the effect of me finally telling the truth and my response was " I always speak the truth regardless of the popularity of the truth being spoken." There are those that are surveying this blog looking for errors and/or discprepencies. As I stated before, this blog is not a paper that is being turned in and it's generally written on the fly. Therefore, there will be some grammatical errors since I don't proofread the writing before hitting the submit button. I write in the moment and I let the cards fall where they may. Please be aware that I don't write this for accolades and I'm not holding my breath for any type of recognition from the LEDC. I know what I do is a service to the city and I'm rewarded everytime a stranger approaches me and say "keep on doing what you're doing." I know there are those that love the more trivial, gossipy type of posts and there will always be those types of individuals, but I also know there are those that appreciate the candor and in your face style in which I post on this blog. As I've stated time and time again, this blog is not required reading and in order to get to this page or the Lumberton Informer facebook page, some concerted effort was made by the reader. Please note: I am fully aware that there are those that will never have anything positive to say about the things I write, but those are generally the same individuals that say I never have anything positive to say about the City of Lumberton. (Isn't it ironic, in my Alanis Morrisette voice.) The fact that I have brought a lot of hidden agendas to light (from the board room to the church house) has made me an enemy to some. But I'm not worried about those that hate me for daring to bring light to darkeness. In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. "we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." And based on my encounter last week, I am truly blessed to say that "my friends" did not remain silent. I didn't get to post or attend the district basketball games last week but I have received some information about the baskeball team and the Lumberton School Board, when I get more information and/or inspiration, I will post about that subject as well. For those that are offended and love to say I'm so biased, please feel free to continue to discuss my in your closed groups and for those that appreciate the things I post, please continue to read. Until the next post, I bid you farewell. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman