The Reason for the Rants

This has been a very explosive week of blogging. I tried to stay focused on politics and I felt that I should end the week on a better note. Just the other week, I was thinking of throwing my hat into the political ring, but I decided the person representing my ward, Quincy Rogers, needed one more term to complete his mission. For most of his second term, he has been fighting a lone fight for justice and transparency within city hall, but he's been blocked at every turn. For that reason, I think he deserves the opporutnity to serve again. There are times when we didn't see things the same and there are still some things we differ on, but I truly believe that when Quincy makes a decision, he is doing what he feels is best for the city (aside from one decision, but I'm going to let by-gones be by-gones.) Beside, I think I'm more effective from the side lines and I don't want to cloud my chances of getting hired at city hall by serving on the board. Yes, I am more than qualified to work at city hall. It's time to put my expertise to work and I believe that we will finally get a board that will hire based on ability instead of personal preference. (Fingers crossed.) I know there are times when I can be harsh as well as abrasive, but the truth can be harsh as well as abrasive. But the ultimate purpose of this blog is to reminded you that no man or no woman is an island unto themselves. That every person is an important part of the whole. It takes a community, a loved one, a dear friend, and sometimes even a stranger with good intentions to support the hopes of adults and the dreams of children. This blog is a culmination of my personal beliefs, my professional acumen and my political values. There are many that read this blog and I appreciate that, but it is more than for observation; this blog is informative and at times entertaining. If you're not informed or entertained, then I suggest you stop observing. Despite the feelings of some, I know from experience that the power that unites us is stronger than any issue that might divide us. My critics continue to accuse me of not being a team player. But they still don’t get it. I plan to be open-minded and fair when it comes to the coverage of the candidates seeking election. But keep in mind, I'm not looking to support any candidate that's running for office to have a job. I'm supporting the candidates that are running for office to do the job. So to my critics: I’m not a team player because I’m not playing on your team. I playing on the team that wants the best for the City of Lumberton; in all areas. It's time out for not euqipping our employees to do their best. For instance, why are we keeping people in positions, when they're clearly not there to enhance the position; rather just there drawing a check and preventing other qualified individuls from getting their foot in the door. Why are we brining people out of retirement to do certain jobs, we when have young, able-bodied men that could be trained to do the job? Why haven't we given the police department the tools or the cars needed to sucessfully fight crime? We have some tough decisions to make in the upcoming election and I hope people are not fooled into voting based on color, friendship and/or church affilation. Instead, I hope they truly get to know the candidates and their record. I'm compiling a questionnaire that I will submit to each candidate. Those that respond, will have their profiles and responses posted on the blog. If you have some questions you would like to ask, please send them to me and I will include them in the packet. My plan is to shake up the status quo. My plan is to stand up against all those up against all those interests that are not in your interest. It's time to establish a new trust in government. My job is to make sure people have the freedom to vote. Your job is to make sure they have a reason to vote. In the end, our dreams are the same: to see the City of Lumberton flourish. I think that’s a pretty good reason to vote, don’t you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman