Mardi Gras Ball 2014?

I'm sure most of you are familar with the proverb: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Well, today, I was invited to be a part of the Hattiesburg 2014 Mardi Parade Committee. They are already in plans for next year's parade. When I received the email, I remembered a citizen of Lumberton that pitched the idea of having a Mardi Gras parade in Lumberton. I don't know if those plans have taken off, but I would like to take a break from regular posting and see if I could encourage Rachel Jefferson to pursue her plans. She might not be able to organize a parade for next year, but I was thinking she might want to have a Mardi Gras Ball. Maybe a semiformal event at the Lumberton Community Center. We could have a small processional with people throwing out beads, cups and other Mardi Gras prizes. I also thought there could be a small buffet style meal and people could pay an admission fee and the funds raised for the event could go to the Diane Bennett Memorial Fund. Also, instead of appointing a King and Queen, there could be a fun-raiser and the male and female that raised the most money would be appointed King/Queen at the ball. Those are just some random ideas that came to mind after reading the email I received. I think it would be a good idea, and now is the time to start getting Mardi Gras beads. If anyone sees Rachel, please pass on this information. Should resume regular posting on the morrow and address the emails I received about those running for the office of mayor. Until then, laissez les bon temps rouler!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman