Election Day is June 2, 2009



Tomorrow is election day. As you all know, I whole-heartedly support Miriam Holder for Mayor of Lumberton. She understand the issues we face and the needs our city has to bring about positive change for all of the residents of Lumberton. Life takes you down many roads until you find the road God has prepared for you. Miriam Holder is embarking on the road for mayor out of a great need for leadership that will work with the people and for the people.

My choice for Alderman at Large is Bobby Gibson. I had some reservations about supporting Bobby Gibson, but after speaking with him and getting his views on what needs to be done to bring about change to this city, I feel that he is the best candidate for the position. I believe that Bobby Gibson will be a hardworking, honest and accessible representative.

I think Ward 2 need to elect Rebecca Hale as their new representative. Stanley Rayborn has served for a very long time, and I think he is set in his way of thinking. I know Stanley and his wife, and I think they are wonderful people, but I think Rebecca Hale will offer a new perspective that the residents of Ward 2 need.

For Ward 3, I am supporting Quincy Rogers for re-election. I feel that he has made some errors in his previous term, but he is willing to do what he can to help the people. He has truly been a voice for the people of Ward 3. I am voting for Quincy Rogers becasue he has stated his platform, and reached out to the voters on several occassions. I have yet to hear from the other candidate seeing election as Alderman of Ward 3.

I think Timothy Johnson would make an excellent representative for Ward 4. I have interacted with him on several occassions, and I know that he is a devoted husband and father, and that he is concerned about the City of Lumberton. He is very active, and involved in community events, and he is willing to be the change he want to see in the City of Lumberton.

I have taken a stand, and announced the candidates I am supporting for the 2009 election. I feel that the candidates I listed will be willing to work together for the good of Lumberton. We all know that everyone has an agenda, but I hope their main agenda is for the advancement of Lumberton. I hope that the candidates will not allow their personal affiliations to prohibit them from completing their professional responsibilities. Please go out and vote tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style