Chief Fortenberry Fired at Secret Meeting


I take a few days off from blogging and I missed an entire meeting. I just found out that the board had a meeting, Tuesday, July 12, 2011. The board is one step closer to appointing Hobson as Chief of Police, especially since they terminated the employment of Chief Adrien Fortenberry. That's right. . Chief Fortenberry is no longer employed by the City of Lumberton. I called city hall to ask Stephanie Mullings about Tuesday's special called meeting and to my surprise, I was informed that she was gone to lunch. What???? At the last board meeting, when Rachel Jefferson presented the board with print-outs, showing that Stephanie Mullings is on facebook all day long, Stephanie told the audience that she didn't take lunch breaks; that she only took 10-15 minute breaks throughout the day. But that's neither here nor there since they (Gibson, Crider, Hale and Johnson) is aware that our clerk is a liar. OAN: I found out that Alderman Quincy Rogers was not notified of the special called meeting. But there's a reason for that oversight as well. Stephanie apparently wasn't feeling well when the special call notice went out, so she instructed Sue to make the calls and that's how Alderman Rogers was left out of the notification process. Thankfully, Stephanie was feeling much better later that day because she was able to attend the special called meeting. I called the library to see if a notice was posted and I was informed that the notice was posted at the Shell station because the library was closed for electrical repairs. I thought they were going to try and let things die down before they appointed Hobson as Chief, but it seems that they are running full steam ahead to get him on the agenda. . soon.

Comments

  1. There's a lot of things you say on this blog that I tend to disagree with, but you hit the nail on the head when it comes to Hobson. Now that the board has gotten rid of Chief Fortenberry it won't be long before Hobson start bringing in his crew of rejects: Rob Mitchell and Jean Grice just to name two. Be on the look out because they're coming in and these young men better get them a camera phone or some pre-paid legal services because they're going to need it. I will say this, if Bobby Gibson and Tim Johnson vote to promote Hobson to chief, they won't be getting my vote again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman