Introducing Ben Winston: Candidate for District 106

I didn't plan on speaking about Ben Winston or his candidacy for the vacated District 106 post. Prior to my conversation with Winston, I asked myself why is Ben running...again? But the answer is simple; people continue to vote for him. He's won most of the offices he sought and that's probably why he's running again. Also, he's aware that there's a good chance that there will be a runoff election because there's 5 candidates (no one will be able to get 50% plus one; if they do there's a dead cat on the line and in the electronic voting machines). After speaking with Winston, I'm still not clear of his platform but he genuinely think he can make a difference.

When asked what qualiifies him to hold the position of District 106 Representative, Winston said the following "My God-given abilities, education, experience, business management and supervisory skills qualify me for this position. After serving as a former alderman, supervisor, mayor and pastor, I possess maturity and empathy, both of which increase my capacity to serve." My track record of 30 years as a successful businessman, community advocate, responsible family man, public servant and minister provides me with an understanding of the issues and the wisdom to make the difference

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman