Where's Big Momma?



We are living in an era of 30 something grandmothers; women that are the matiriachs to another generation while establishing themselves in their own generation. As a result, we are grappling with a generation that is being lost in the transition from one generation to the next. When I was growing up, if an adult caught me doing something wrong, I would be spanked on the spot, and told to go home and tell my mother why I was spanked; which would lead to another spanking. Today, you can't say anything to anyone's child. If you do, the child will probably curse you out, and then the parent will confront you; forcing you to open a can of whop ass. So, we dismiss the criminal minds of today's youth, becasue we don't want any trouble.
Contrary to what many may believe, I do not see today's youth as a lost generation. I see this generation of youth's being raised by a generation of lost parents, parents that are so void of common sense skills and what it takes to really be a functional parent. Now do not get me wrong, I am not referring to homes where either parents work or homes where one parent it not in the picture, because it is entirely possible to be a quality parent within non-traditional households. I am talking about common sense parenting. The reason the youth of today may seem so lost is a direct reflection of poor parental involvement and the practice of negative parental skill which severe and damage the relationship and bond. Remember, we do not want this generation turning to their misguided peers as their first line of defense, which is what we see happening today; and which is why the youth of today can be labeled as a lost generation. Parents are good at making excuses and passing the blame. It's time for parents to ask themselves the hard questions and stepping up to plate in an effort to reclaim this supposed lost generation.

Comments

  1. This gets a huge "Hell Yeah" What happened to raising boys to be real men that don't walk out on their families and women to be classy ladies? I am a woman and can tell you that I have two children that I have solely provider for and had to for many years fulfill the role of the bread winner and a few years ago I married a real man and have had the pleasure of relinquishing a God given role that I was not designed by God for. All the women activist (and I used to think that I could do whatever a man could do) are ruining God's design. They want to take out the word "submissive" from the bible and eliminate "obey" in wedding vows. And a man no longer thinks of providing has his responsibility, much less honor a respect. The break down of society as we see it today begins with not following our directions that we have been given. I know that I have been guilty many of times, but it is never too late to start doing right by ourselves, our children, and first and foremost God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I got in such a hurry that I misspelled so words. I apologize.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman