I Didn't Know I Needed Your Permission

I really wasn't planning on blogging today, but after the chilly reception I received this morning, I thought what the heck. Before entering the room, there was loud chatter/laughing but it quickly turned to side-eyed stares and hushed tones. I wonder what caused that reaction. Could it have been something I said on my facebook page? I was scrolling through facebook and I came upon a friend's status and I told her I was going to use it because it was so fitting; especially for today. Her post read as follows: "To anyone that may ever be offended by any of my words or actions, remember I don't have to get permission to speak or act. My words may not be what you want to see nor hear which is why you have da option to scroll past. I'm sick of people trying to make something out of everything and trying to dictate others actions. Ask yourself what do I lose without this person. If da answer is nothing, you still have a winning hand." Now, I couldn't have said it better myself. The other day, there were people that were upset because I called some of our city worker uneducated. Duuuh! There are some that don't have an education. If the statement didn't apply to you, then keep it moving. Everyone is not going to go to college. As a matter of fact, there are people working all sorts of jobs, making way more money than college educated people. So, a college degree is not necessarily the key to success; it just give you other options. The point of the post was to shed light on the fact that something is wrong with the water department and for some reason, the city does not want to fix the problem. I don't have an issue with my water bill because several times throughout the week, I check the meter and I use a tip that Stephanie gave me, I put blue food coloring in the toilets to see if there's a leak. We shouldn't have to go through all those steps just to make sure we get an accurate bill, but if you don't want to be selected for the high bill lottery, those are steps you must take. I must admit, that I have a harsh way of putting things, but I'm not the type of person that approaches things delicately. I promised a friend that I will be nice but I never said I wouldn't be blunt. Another topic of discussion was a joke I made on facebook. It amazes me that there are more people policing my facebook page than policing the streets of Lumberton. It amazes me that people that are not on my facebook page, know what I post. At one point, I was going to delete some people then I thought, if you want to be a facebook reporter, then I think I need to leave you on the scene because there's more that I need for you to tell. If I'm not your facebook friend, then I don't want to know what's on your page, but for those of you that like looking over other people shoulders and getting your information from a second-hand source, the friend request tab is still open; you don't have to take a back-seat, there's room right on the front row. The joke I made was probably hurtful and I do apologize for making the joke. Not because it was about the library, but because it questioned the ability of the person that was just hired and that was the unfair part of the joke. But like they say in Texas, you can’t put spilled milk back in the heifer. (That’s probably another politically incorrect joke.) I can and should do better with my tone in the blog, but no one and I mean NO ONE is going to tell me what I can post on my facebook page. Hopefully, they will be bold enough to put their name to their work because I put my name on everything I post on my blog, my twitter account and facebook. So, in the words of Captain Jayne-way of Star Trek Voyager.. "Battlestations!" Enjoy your weekend and govern yourselves accordingly and I will try to do the same.

Comments

  1. If your so educated why do you still live with your mommy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does being/not being educated have to do with here he lives???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because,he is so quick to judge everyone and point out their downfalls but he forgets about his.He is the same as the rest of lumberton,big talk driving mommas car around.He doesn't know about a hard days work.Maybe he should check himself before he wrecks himself,ha.Inform that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman