We Must Work Together


We must find a solution that will help this city move forward. We have had enough of my way or no way mentality. Stop pushing your personal agendas, and find a way to work together for the City of Lumberton. I had two encouters over the past few days and it has made me question the reason why I blog. I wanted to shine the light of accountability on those serving as our elected officals, but the post seem to take on a life of their own. I just sat at city hall going through the minutes of the City of Lumberton, and it is funny how people forget that we are to support the growth of the city, not individual growth. I will be the first to admit that the post about Stephanie Mullings were out of line and they were not the purpose of the blog. I also feel that the negative comments about elected officials,police officers, and myself were also out of line, but we have a select group of people in our city that feel that it is fine to derogate an individual as long as they are not affiliated with you, your family or your church, but everyone else is open for attack. If you are going to denounce negative comments about one individual, then you should denounce all negative statements. The meetings of the board of aldermen has gotten out of control. The aldermen don't respect the law, they don't respect the mayor and that lack of respect has been adopted by the voting public. How many of our aldermen hold monthly, quarterly or annual meetings to see how they can best serve those that elected them into office? It's time to stop playing with the lives of those that elected you to serve. When I looked through the minutes, I noticed that Danny Davis said that he would lay off some workers in the off-season, but this option was offered during one of the busiest times for the public works department. I wonder why this offer was not submitted during the recent budget workshops? If three or four city employees were laid off, this would help the city's budget tremendously. These are not easy solutions to the resolution of the budget issues, but one thing is for certain, cutting the police department is not the answer, and not making the cuts equitable throughout all departments is not the answer. Hopefully, the City of Lumberton will find a solution that everyone can agree upon.

Comments

  1. I FEEL WE HEAR AND SEE ENOUGH NEGITAVE STUFF ABOUT OUR CITY AND POLICE DEPT , SO I HAVE SOME THING GOOD TO SAY !!!! IT WAS TUE MORNING AND I WAS @ JIFFY , I SAW A LUMBERTON POLICE OFF STOP A CAR FOR NO SEATBELT !! UPON SEEING THE DRIVER I RELIZED THE SUBJECT WAS A KNOWN CONVICTED FELON WHOM WAS ON PAPERS , UPON SEEING THE CHIEF SEARCH THE CAR AS PER SEARCH FOR ARREST , LOW AND BEHOLD THEY RECOVERED SAID INDIVIDUAL IN POSSESION OF A FIRE ARM . NOW THIS PERSON HAS BEEN RUNNING WILD ALL OVER LUMBERTON FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS AND BRINGING BOYS DOWN FROM THE BURG TO START A MESS , SO I THINK WE NEED TO STAND UP AND APPLUADE THE POLICE DEPT FOR GETTING A DANGEROUS CONVICTED FELON OFF THE STREETS , AS WELL AS AN ILLEGAL GUN OFF THE STREETS OF LUMBERTON , MAKIN OUR STREETS SAFER FOR THE CHILDREN , SO LETS GIVE CREDIT WERE CREDIT IS DO !!!!! GOOD JOB GUYS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK , SOME POSITVE NEWS FOR A CHANGE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman