You Can't Handle The Truth


There has been some sort of confusion about the recent posts made to this blog. Apparently, some of my readers don't think I'm digging deep enough. Well, it's time for some of you to get out your shovels and try to break ground on the truth. It has been said time and time again that the things I state on this blog are just my opinions; now it's time for you to show me where I was wrong. This morning, one of my facebook friends made an excellent observation and I told him that I would use some of the things he posted on his wall. In the movie A Few Good Men, Kaffee(Tom Cruise) tells Col Jesseph (Jack Nicholson) "I want the truth!!!" Col Jesseph replies, "You can't handle the truth!!!" Even though this was a fictitious scene, the words ring very true. Most of us cannot handle the truth when it don't line up with what we want to believe. We will manipulate it, distort it and plain rearrange it to fit our purpose. But no matter how its twisted the real truth is always there. Nothing is safe from this practice. Lies are told from the church house to the white house and everywhere in between. The Bible told us to study to show our self approved, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. The Bible gives us instructions on living in this world and the promise of Gods rewards for living a righteous life or the demise we will face if we don't. We need to seek the truth in all our endeavors so we don't become nobody's fool !!!

Col. Jessup: "We live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?. .You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

Comments

  1. You preaching now JOn-(He's coming in a honda)
    Now that was deep!

    El Paso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some ppl can't handle the truth, but I for one, can. I've known of Jonathan for years, but I don't know him personally. From what I've observed, he seems so quiet and reserved so I started reading his blog b/c I felt he would give me insight on what's taking place in my city. And he has a depth of knowledge of things taking place, but I think he goes a little too far sometimes, but I still believe that what he's saying is true. I heard some ppl started a new blog b/c they didn't like the way the informer was going, well, I know the truth is not always easy to hear, but it must be told. I saw that old white guy talking about the blog on the news and he and some other chick was upset about things that was said about Stephanie. If they are readers of the blog, they would have noticed that bad things were said about many ppl, not just Stephanie. So what make her untouchable. If I am reading the blog correctly, there has always been problems in the office since Stephanie came to work for the city of Lumberton. But for some reason, it's never Stephanie's fault. The problems have been blamed on JoAnn, Leonette and now Betty. I wonder who's gonna take the blame once they get rid of Betty? I know they will probably blame her for everything once she leaves, but I am certain that the same problems will continue to exist b/c someone is not doing their job. I am a devout reader of this blog, and I can't figure out why an educated black man was looked over for a position in the clerk's office. I know Jonathan has alluded to the fact that Stephanie withheld his application from the board and he was never considered, but my advice to you Jonathan is to let it go. There is nothing you can do about what was done in the office to keep you from getting hired. We have folks that want to believe that the clerk is squeaky clean, but her dirt will surface sooner or later and when all of her tricks start to backfire on her, it's not going to be pretty. I just hope you have the maturity to let the matter go and focus on telling us about the lack of accountablity at city hall. I wanted to talk about the aldermen, but I think I have said enough already. I will say this. How could Rebecca Hale's husband grow or sell marijuana without her knowing about it? I just wanted to take a moment to encourage you Jonathan and I hope you stay focused on what you're doing. I know there are some that want to discredit you, that want to take the focus on what you're writing by saying it's just based on your opinions. But you have provided us with some great insight on what's taking place in Lumberton and I hope you continue with doing what you're doing. What you've exposed is only the tip of the iceberg, there is plenty more to uncover. Hopefully, our aldermen will start sharing their viewpoints with you b/c despite their efforts to pretend that they are not aware of this blog, I know for a fact that three of our aldermen read your blog religiously. You have the ppl interested and if they had any form of intelligence left in their political shell of a brain, they would seek you out and share with you the reason why they vote the way they do. Regardless of what some may say, the people of Lumberton are discussing the things you post in this blog and I know that it's going to bring about a change in this city. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman