News You May Have Missed

Aside from the special called board meeting, there has been a lot of positive things happening this week in Lumberton. The parking area outside of the Lumberton Police Department has been paved. This was a project that was implemented by the newly elected Lamar County District 2 Supervisor, Warren Byrd. He wanted to do something for Lumberton and this was one of his first projects. The project was paid for by the Lamar County Board of Supervisors and didn't cost the City of Lumberton a penny. Kudos to Byrd for starting his tenure off in a positive direction. Yesterday, the area kids had the opportunity to get finger-printed and have a photo badge made. According the Sherry Broome, the branch manager of the Lumberton Public Library wanted to host the event in celebration of National Library Week. The children that attended had the opportunity to take photos with Sparky the Fire-Dog and meet several members of the Lumberton Volunteer Fire Department. Today, the Lumberton Library will have it's Jail Bail Fundraiser. The money raised from the event will be used to fund the Summer Reading Program. From what I've been told, people can come to the library, pay $10 to have someone arrested, Constable Danny Edwards will go out and arrest them, and they will remain in a jail that has been built at the Lumberton Library until they get enough friends/family to pay $100 for their release. Several people are slated to participate in the event, including, but not limited to Interim Chief of Police, Elsie Cowart, LVFD Chief Jerry Walters, Dr. Linda Smith, former mayor, Larry Strahan, and deputy clerks, Susan Guidry and Cindy Walls. KB will give more details about the event in her Sunday column on April 22, 2012.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know just how raising money to fund library programs for kids could ever be considered selfish or petty? This event must have had enough exposure considering all the people who are participating. Really, tell me, how is it petty to put together events to raise money for kids? The Lumberton Informer mentioned the jail bail in his blog. But really, I don't think getting exposure through this blog could be called positive by any means because no matter what, some idiot will decide to make some remarkably asinine comment like "YOU KNOW WHO I AM" did so why bother?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really sick and need to get a life!!!!!!Get your facts straight please!This fund raiser was my idea, President of the Friends , I ran with the idea, not Melinda's. She has done a GREAT job with the children of all colors and shapes and I wanted to help make our summer reading program the best ever. With some dedicated friends and hard work it was a huge success, despite your crude words. I stand behind her and my library, yes I said mine because I do pay taxes, do you? Probably not because I see you in the library and always on the computer writing ugly stupidity. You are so smart you are ignorant!!!! Quit sitting on your brain and being a raciest you are a VERY SICK MAN, but people like you are proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading this comment, I couldn't determine if the comment was directed towards me or the You Know Who I Am comment, but now that I've re-visited the comment, I think it was directed towards me. First of all, did anything in my post mention Melinda, but the deleted comment did. Ooops, I forgot, according to Melinda and crew, b/c I moderated the comment, I'm responsible for the content of the comment. Now, I don't know if this comment was posted by Mary or someone wanting me to think this was posted by Mary. She posted under her name on Facebook, but for some reason, her name was left out of this comment, but since the person said they're the president of the Friends, I will address this response to her. Per you comment on facebook, I don't need diet tips from a person that's on their second weight-loss procedure. Next time you go under the knife, see if you can get some lipo for your brain because the fat is apparently clouding your thinking. I'm glad you're standing behind Melinda because if you were in front, no one would know she was behind you. Just because a person does not agree with what you say does not make them a racist or as you spelled it raciest. Now, that comment does not condone the harsh words that were posted by the other reader, but it's strange that people try to combat harsh comments, and then say equally harsh things while claiming to be Christians. Intersting??? So, the next time you and the other hags of OldMaidsVille want to hop aboard and spend most of your day throwing stones at me, I suggest you keep you comments at the station. If you don't have the wherewithal to seperate what I say from what others have to say, then just whisper among yourselves, Until next time, enjoy your stay in Bitterville. . Next stop. . Barrenwomb. . . All aborard.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman