What's Going On?

Last night, I had an opportunity to reflect on some things and I realized where I went off course. I always stated that it's not what they call you, it's what you respond to and I allowed the purpose of this blog to be sidelined by the anonymous comments that were made to me and about me, but today it ends. I don't live with regrets and I rarely apologize, but I know that some people use weapons to hurt others, but I learned early in life that I could hurt people with my words and I wield my weapon artfully. But in the process, I've learned who I can and can not rely on. As I sat at the board meeting, something came over me and I wondered why was I beginning to like Stephanie Mullings more than I'm liking the Mayor; politically speaking, of course. I don't know what's going on with Mayor Holder, but it seems that we are on differnt courses, but I made a choice not to call her out on this blog. Why? I didn't extend that courtesy to Stephanie, Rebecca, Tim or Bobby. Whenever I disagreeded with them, I put them on blast. Why is it different when it comes to the mayor? At that moment, I realized that I have been a hypocrite. There's no question that I have been supportive of Mayor Holder, but I held back some sentiments because I not only respected her professionally as the superintending authority of the City of Lumberton, I respect her on a personal level. So, I guess I answered my own question. I was never friends with Stephanie or Rebecca and that's why I guess it was so easy for me to attack them through this blog. To her credit, Rebecca was trying to do the right thing when she first came into office, but somewhere along the way, she changed; and not for the better. But now, she's back on track, or so it seems. I may have burned that bridge and I know that I can't unring the bell. I stand behind the things I said about her in the political arena, but I now realize that it wasn't fair for me to attack the personal aspects of her life and that goes for the others as well. But I didn't feel the need to apologize because everyone on the board wanted to play the game of "we don't read the blog", but when you're blog is being discussed in executive session and the city attorney is being ordered to file an injunction against you, someone is either reading the blog or having it read to them. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I should be more mindful of what I say, especially when it's a personal attack. Now, I hope those GCB's that love to talk smack at their bridge clubs, book clubs and bible study groups don't think I'm going to let them talk ish and get away with it. I'm still human and if you attack me, I will return the favor. But I'm no longer concerned with the name-less, face-less, alphabet soup of cowards that love to post things that they wouldn't dare say to your face. There are times that I will disagree with Mayor Holder, but I still support her and whenever I have an issue with her, I know I can pick up the phone and get a better understanding. I wish Stephanie all the best because she's been doing a great job lately, but I also wish she wouldn't wait until the term is almost over before exhibiting those qualities because it seems that she goes through this transformation every three years or so. Which makes me wonder if it's real or is it an attempt to appease the new board members? Regardless, I will try, from this day forward, to limit my posts to the political aspects of what's going on and leave the other things to the spectators. Also, if you don't like this blog, it is not required reading. The changes I'm making are being made because I feel that the blog was on a detour route because I spent more time dealing with comments instead of just staying informative. WTBS.. . this blog has literally changed my life and my life will never be the same again. The Lumberton Informer is reborn and if you didn't like me before you are going to hate, scratch that, abhor my (insert your own expletive)now.

Comments

  1. Not sure how artful it is to YIELD a pen. I think you meant wield. It saddens me that our aldermen are letting our police officers work in a dangerous situation, and thus putting all of the citizens in danger if we are aren't properly protected. Another sad situation is the Lumberton School District. I love this town for all but the school and wish there was another real option for my children. Lamar Christian is not an option to me. Most of the expelled children go there. But with all of the immature brats teaching down at the school it is a wonder anyone from there gets into college. You have coaches cursing children out, you have secretaries and teachers flirting and much more with students, teachers who apparently have no classroom management skills and teachers who miss so much school that substitutes end up doing the teaching. Why do parents in this town continue to let these teachers and administration bully them? Why are children suffering because of incompetent teachers or teachers with alcohol and drug problems? Jon, we both graduated from Lumberton, and I felt I got a great education. You must too if you have gone on to work on a Master's. I went on to do post-graduate work and to end up with a great job close enough to Lumberton to live here. It is to protect that job that I write to you anonymously. When I no longer work, you will see me active in all kinds of politics and school board issues. But for now it would be considered a conflict of interest. I know you don't have children in school, but I am sure you have relatives with children and friends with children. I think it would be great if your blog began to include the school as well as the city, because if we want this town to be better, the school is a big part of that. The children here are a big part of that. So I am glad that you will no longer focus on GCBs or people who really don't make the decisions in this town. We should all be working to better our community through civic engagement. I think the people that really care are like me, in a position where any political undertakings would put their job in jeopardy. Sadly, too many of our citizens are apathetic or only complain but are unwilling to speak out or do the work to initiate real change. This is a problem all across our nation. I don't expect you to post this comment, only know that it is refreshing to see self-reflection and a renewed intent for the Lumberton Informer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did more to incense than to inform, but I will focus on the decision makers. Thanks for the correction and I just finished a post about the school and will post more when I get more information. It's sad to see the school system go this route; it was once filled with excellent, caring teachers but now it seems to be the opposite.

      Delete
    2. Mojos son licked a teacher and made her feel uncomfortable.. Ironic that his file was wiped clean...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman