Mofrer se en ban manter.


Generally, I don't respond to comments made to this blog, but I felt the need to address this comment since I am being credited with making comments about the Louisiana Club. The comment was as follows:

"Johnathan, I was told something yesterday that truly hurt me. I was told that you have made ugly and quite serious comments about the people living in Lumberton, who are from Louisiana. My husband and I moved here 2 years ago and truly love it here. We've made many friends from both La and Ms, and plan to live the rest of our lives here. We're also very involved in this community...... very caring and giving. I have never had a long conversation with you, but any time I went into the library and saw you, I always said hello to you, and I enjoyed the couple times you participated with us in the cooking club. Maybe your comments might have been prompted by someone from La who said or did something personally to you. BUT please don't judge every person from La to be the same. Many of us contribute greatly to this community and want to work just as hard as you all do, to better our little town. Please rethink what you wrote about us."

For the record, you need to check your sources because I never had anything to say regarding the Louisiana Club. My suggestion would be to have the lint licking, son of a biscuit eating dog to confront me face to face since they seem to have so much to say. Once again, for the intellectually challenged readers of this blog, I would like to point out that my comments have my name printed by them and I haven't held back on the things I need or want to say; therefore, I don't waste my time making annonymous comments. But for the record, you can check the comment that was made about the Louisiana Club and the comment was not made by me. Now I know that there are some that like to ease their minds and try and convince themselves as well as others, that I am the one blogging and turning around and making all of the comments. I've dealt with this issue before and I'm certain that I will have to deal with it again. But anything I want to say, guess what, I say it. Whenever I'm not certain about the things I post about, I would say allegedly. Again, the one that told this person that I had some ugly things to say about the Louisiana Club is mis-iformed and I would love to meet this liar face to face to correct any misconceptions he or she has regarding what's on this blog. Thank you and class dismissed.

Comments

  1. A person that I consider a true friend, offered me some clarity on something that was said in the coomment section of this blog. She stated that people believe that I agree with the comments on this blog becasue I allowed the commeent to be posted or allowed the comment to remain on the blog. In the future, I will be diligent, so to speak, regarding the comments that are posted on this blog. I will either state that I don't agree with the comment or somehow distance myself from certain comments made on the blog. For the firt time, I was given a truly honest response regarding the comments made on this blog and will make the necessary adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'm naive, but when someone makes a comment it shouldn't mean you agree or disagree. It just means someone had a thought, they wanted to express it, & you let them express it in the comment. It shouldn't have to have or need clarification that you agree or disagree. BC when you, Johnathan, have something to say/write you do just that. #Justmythoughts!#

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leonette. . that was the way I viewed the matter, but apparently, things are a little different here in Lumberton. I blog the things I want to say, but I don't have anything to do with the comments. Like I stated on yesterday, I guess I will need to write another disclaimer for the comment section, but I just think it's people's way of looking for someone to blame. I didn't say those things about the Louisiana Club and have met several ppl from that club. One member even wanted to start a Miss-Lou Club, but other members thought it would be too much work. Again. . thanks Leonette Davis for your insight into the whole comment situation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman