Review: The Definition of Good Music


This is a pure, mature and honest album; Artea’s voice makes you take notice. The Definition of Good Music is a beautiful journey that you don’t want to end. The overall sound is reminiscent of 90’s R&B. It’s a very chill type album and I am certain that women everywhere will enjoy Artea’s buttery smooth vocals. The songs are solid as well as believable and I’m certain that the fellas are sure to enjoy this album too.

Stand out tracks include “You Don’t Know”, which gives an intimate peek into the love experience. (Vacation on the beach/ Making love on the beach/ You are so amazing/ You don’t know how much I need you/ You don’t know how much I love you) But “Nothing to Me” captures a real moment about confronting your emotions in a relationship that is in the process of ending and forces you to realize the truth that it might be over. (Now I got a problem with my girl/ She ain’t trusting me/ She ain’t trusting me/Every chance that she get she going through my ish/ There’s no privacy, no privacy) But it’s clear that the love was able to conquer all and it all begins to settle in Paradise. (Blue skies in her eyes/ I guess I’m living in paradise/ Sunshine coming from her smile/ I’m living in paradise.)

The authenticity of The Definition of Good Music is not easily matched in today’s industry. The vocals as well as the raps by Heartbeatz hit all the right spots. I generally don’t like the fusion of hip-hop and R&B, but you can tell that the rap segments were not added to the songs as a second thought; they were carefully and artfully integrated into the album. The Definition of Good Music is real and relatable. This project is a mature representation of Artea Chilton; it is a great production with a wonderful vocal delivery.

Copies of Artea Chilton’s The Definition of Good Music may be purchased at Tina’s Hair Salon. For booking information, you can call 601-688-6000. You may also contact Artea through his facebook page: www.facebook.com/arteachilton or arteachilton@gmail.com. (Album artwork is property of Artea Chilton, Inc.)

Comments

  1. Is this the same guy that used to be in the group 4Gotten4? He's had grown by leaps and bounds. His music is so mature and to the point. I love it and I'm glad to have someone from L'town repping with some class. This young man is going to go far. Please don't give up on your dreams, you have the skills, and good looks to make it in this business. Go head Mr. Panty-dropper, I ain't mad at cha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the review, where can I get the CD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We played this CD over and over last night. We were playing cards and drinking some wine. I have never heard a CD that I listed to from start to finish. It's good. I hope Artea is practicing his autograph because he's gonna have a lot of fans. You're on the path to greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the studio session of most of the songs on this album and I told him it was going to be a hit album from listening him lay the vocals for each song! Do ya thang my dude!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman