We Have Visitors


I just had a refreshing conversation with Terri and Mike from Elington, Missouri. They stated that there were here for a week attending a Medieval Festival at King's Arrow Ranch. We sat and talked for a while and I asked them about their RV and how did they like camping. They said that they enjoyed their visit and they would be leaving out on Sunday. There were a few things mentioned in our conversation that surprised me. First, they said they come down every year, they also said that they are readers of the Lumberton Informer. They were surprised to discover that I was the Lumberton Informer blogger. But that wasn't the most surprising element of our conversation. They said that there are over 3,000 people camped out at the Medieval Festival and they were coming into town to do laundry and some light shopping. I don't know if the City of Lumberton was aware of this event, but they need to find a way to bring more of these individuals into the city limits since this is a yearly event. Terry told me that they are also from a small town and they love coming to this event. We exchanged some information and she told me that they would like to keep in contact with me and if I'm ever in their state, I should drop in and say hello.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman