Check Your Water Bill Receipt


With all that's been going on I usually check my receipts. I've been checking to see how many days it take for them to post the payment and the number of days it take to clear the bank, but now it seems that there's another item to check on the water bill receipts. . .the date paid. I ran into someone and she told me to check the date on my water bill and the date it was posted as being paid, and when I checked the bill, I noticed that the payment date was printed as 9/30/2011 but the bill was paid on 10/6/2011. So, it would behoove you to check the payment date on your bill and it is not correct, take it back to city hall and have them place the correct date on the bill and initial the correction. Otherwise, in the near future, you will be receiving a notice of paying September's water bill late or not paying October's water bill and with the incorrect date printed on the bill, they will more than like, force you to pay either a late fee or another bill altogether. While on the subject of water bills, the person I talked with also showed me something else that was interesting. She showed me receipts from 2007 from city hall and her bills were between $23.90-$26.50 and her receipts for 2011 ranged from $42.75-$45.90. The other night, the representative from Nicholson and Company said the deficit of $86,400 was the result of a decrease in the amount of money being collected by the water department. Since 2007, there has been at least 2 water bill rate increases. So, in comparison to 2007, the City of Lumberton has basically doubled the amount being collected by residents, but somehow, the auditor wants us to believe that less money is coming in and caused the deficit. How is more money being collected per resident and still have a larger deficit of $86,400?

Comments

  1. I will definitely be more vigilant in monitoring my water bill/account after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, have you considered that there may be fewer resident accounts? Or, consider how many resident accounts would be necessary to offset the losses from 2 businesses in the industrial park.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style