Hale of a Leader


I know this blog is supposed to be dedicated to the events taking place in Lumberton, but I read a statement the other day that I wanted to share with readers of Lumberton Informer as well as our elected officials. Anthony Hales is the District One Supervisor for Pearl River County and he's seeking re-election. Hales also serves as the board president. He has over 26 years of political experience, serving on governing boards in the county, almost 16 as supervisor and over 10 on the Poplarville board of aldermen. Hales was the first black to ever serve on the Poplarville’s city board, putting in 10 and one-half years on that board, being elected twice. He served as an alderman-at-large; that means every voter in the whole town could vote for or against him. Hales service on the Poplarville city board set the groundwork for his running for the board of supervisors 16 years ago in 1995, which he won also, being the first black elected supervisor in the history of Pearl River County. He was later named president of the board, the first black to serve in that capacity also. The other day, Anthony Hales shared this message on his facebook page and I thought it was worth sharing with the readers of The Lumberton Informer.
Hales said: "Three things about me that I think could benefit you by retaining me as Supervisor District-One. (1) Christian Values: Simply put, my job is not to impose my values or principles upon you, but as a result of my values, I am fair, impartial, and respectful to all citizens of Pearl River County. I believe the laws that govern us must be followed as written until they are changed but compassion is ne...eded in times when they are burdensome to the electorate. (2) Alliances: The Only alliance that I have is to the citizens of Pearl River County, Yes I am the Democratic candidate but I don't push any agenda other than that which best serves the people I am elected to represent. My motto if its for the good of Pearl River County, its good enough for me. (3) Experience: My experiences gives me knowledge about the duties, limits, and responsibilities of the board as a whole. To immediately recognize things we can do and things we shouldn't do. Guidance for those who are newly elected to help them avoid mistakes that could have negative affects on our county. Experience has allowed me to recognize how past actions have got us where we are and the direction this county is moving. This allows me to plot a course we need to take that will secure our financial future and make Pearl River County more livable and property owner friendly !!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman