The Buzz Around Town


Here we go again. . .Since I've started blogging about Lumberton Politics, I have had several people threaten to take legal actions against me. I can't remember who was the first person to threaten me with a law suit, but they think I cower easily. I remember Jack "The Ass" McMullen said he was going to sue me, Jerry "Free Water for Renters" Brown said he was going to sue me, and Dennis "Domestic Assault Charge" Hobson threatened me and said he was going to sue. There were others that also said they were going to call their lawyer, but I have not received any paperwork regarding the lawsuit. I think the last time I heard about any law suits being filed against me was when Rebecca Hale was getting print outs of my blog and researching a way to have me charged with stalking. I don't know how that one panned out, but it was a stretch of the imagination to file stalking charges against me for blogging. Anyway. The latest buzz is that Kent Crider is seeking to avoid the meaningless threat of a lawsuit and has decided to take me and my blog to the Lamar County District Attorney to have charges brought against me for the things I say in my blog. How ironic is that? The law-breaking alderman want me charged for exerting my first amendment right. Again, I would like to say that the burden of proof rest upon his shoulders. We all know that Kent Crider is not the brightest bulb in the pack. But to think that he can have charges filed against me b/c of my blog is even a stretch of the imagination for Kent Crider. So, I will keep you posted on the progress of his latest effort to help the City of Lumberton. In all fairness, the aldermen do so much outside their duties as elected officials, like run the police department, run the clerks office, decide which checks to cancel, montior Chief Fortenberry's fuel man accounts, etc. that it must be difficult to keep up with things like the constitution and the first amendment, and I would like to offer a solution to that problem. If Kent really want to know what legal remedy he has regarding this blog I would love to schedule a meeting with him at City Hall and go over a presentation of what's legal and what's not legal. I would also give him an overview of his duties and responsibilities as an alderman and to make sure he's able to follow the PowerPoint presentation, I will include plenty of pretty pictures and small words. (We wouldn't want him to loose focus.) So Kent, this post is for you. . .we can start your lesson with the letter O. . .(please read this like the old See Jane Run books). . .remember O is for Ordinance. . an ordinance is a law made by a municipality. . Lumberton is a municipality. . Now Kent can you repeat after me. . O is for Ordinance. . . Good Boy!. . Now tomorrow, we will go over the letter A which is for attorney general. .

Comments

  1. Seriously Upset!!!!!May 11, 2011 at 11:49 AM

    It's a lot of skeletons gonna come out of the closet soon about Lumberton. A person can't even come from out of town to visit their relatives without being harassed by (children). And you are not the only one going to the attorney general so they need to brace themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well John since u have rocked the boat, u might as well go ahead and flip it over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. All this is getting so out of hand. I can remember growing up in Lumberton and it was a nice place to live.. Now all you can here about it people wanting to move away. All this is so stupid.. I really think that somone needs to come from Jackson and make a sweep through City Hall. I do not feel that the police should in ANY way be related to the Mayor that is a conflict of interest. and all the police do is what SHE TELLS THEM TO DO.. and when someone speaks out against it or her, then their family gets targeted. this is worse than an old MOB movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Upset!!!!!May 11, 2011 at 12:52 PM

    They need get up there in that Purvis jail and take care of their inmates. They sitting there for 6 and 7 months and have not even seen Tommy Swartz, the public defender, yet. They are being unfairly treated and it needs to be something done about it. If it wasn't for the inmates the jailers would not have a job. I am speaking for ALL inmates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh jonathan you are so right..if only they actually knew the first amendment regarding free speech and the internet...what an idiot!!! you are protected. no sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there anyone on the police department related to the Mayor? WTF? How crazy is that, the mayor does not interfere with the day to day operations of the police department other than Bobby Gibson, Rebecca Hale and Timothy Johnson. They are the ones that permitted Hobson to have a take home car and the chief went along with it b/c he know they have the numbers to get rid of him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if the Police department was run like it should then Franklin would not have a job after he ran into and killed that old woman. can you say police cover up? Everyone knows it. any other cop would have been fired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. U idiots have nothing else to bring up but the accident that Franklin was involved in that resulted in the unfortunate death of the elderly woman. I guess it means nothing that there was an independent investigation that said that Franklin was not at fault. All I can say is at least the matter was investigated. When Hoboson threatened Jonathan with a gun nothing was said by the chief, the board or aldermen or the citizens of Lumberton. Now that's what I call a cover-up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style