Undercover ???



If you log onto hattiesburgamerican.com you will notice that 4 of the top stories are about the events that recently happened here in Lumberton. You will see "Sheriff: Undercover officer stopped man in Lumberton", "Charges set to be dropped", and "Charges dropped against man." All of this makes for good news, but it reflects poorly on the City of Lumberton. I think the whirl wind is beginning to settle, but once the waters are calm, one can sit back and reflect on what happened. I've been thinking about the recent events and something about how this made the headlines is not sitting well with me. For instance, when Danny Rigel confirmed that it was one of his officers that an undercover narcotics agent stopped the man on Myrick Avenue, I had a red flag moment. I guess since Danny is the sheriff of Lamar County we should take him at his word. I'm not saying he was lying but I feel that he had an ulterior motive for revealing the identity of an undercover agent. First of all, if this was truly an undercover agent, he will not be able to work in this area again as a narcotics agent because his identity has been revealed. Secondly, since when do narcotics agents patrol the streets and pull people over. I thought their primary duty was to catch individuals selling drugs; I didn't know they were supposed to approach and search "suspicious" people. It just goes to show you that we shouldn't accept everything we hear, even on this blog, but search and find out answers for ourselves. In my opinion, the whole ordeal has a stench on it that would make the Bogalusa paper mill smell like Pear Glace, but I really don't know what's going on, but I'm certain that there's much more to this story. Do I think this case was given due process? No. Do I think it was right for the chief to suspend a police officer for his involvement in the case? No, but I don't have the details of what happened and far be it from me to go on record and say who is and who isn't doing their job. But on the other side of the coin, wasn't the information given to Jerry Walters a part of work product and didn't compromise the officers identity that are on the log and now it's in the hand of private citizens and that could lead to other issues; including but not limited to privacy violation. I'm certain that Chief Fortenberry had his reason for the suspension and I am more than certain that there are at least three aldermen behind the suspension as well. Do I think the charges against King should have been dropped? No. If he had enough evidence to clear his name then it should have been presented to the judge and the judge should have made the decision about dismissing the case. The poor sportsmanship that was exhibited by the Lakers in their last game of the Western Conference is nothing compared to the political debauchery that takes place in Lumberton. I don't know what's going on and I'm certain that there's more to come.

Comments

  1. How did they reveal the officer's identity? I haven't seen one thing that says what his name is. How many years of law enforcement experience do you have? How would you know what a narcotics agent's job is? Keep sniffing, I think the only "stench" that's being put out is by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to be a narcotis agent to realize that someone was pulled over by an individual that was identified by the Danny Rigel as an undercover officer. Lumberton is not that big and soon as he's spotted, the word will spread b/c sooner or later he will run into the person that was pulled over again. Even someone of your limited capabilites should know that, but as far as the "stench", you apparently like what's cooking since you keep coming back for more. Blonk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WDAM/WLOX NEEDS TO HIRE YOU AS CHIEF EDITOR AND GET RID OF RANDY SWAN and that comb over!!

    DAVILLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. we will be waiting for an update from the meeting at 4pm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you will go to the May 13th on-line edition of the Hattiesburg American, you will see that Rigel was quoted as saying, "it was one of our narcotics officers." Staff writers added the part about them being undercover, not the Sheriff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman