Conversation with Roy King


I was beginning to have some doubts about the people that are on the roster at the Lumberton Fire Department and then I had the opportunity to have a face to face conversation with embattled training coordinator, William "Roy" King. Roy told me that he wanted to let everyone know his side of the story and put an end to all the speculations and exaggeration that has surround this story.

Griffith: What is your position with the Lumberton Fire Department?
King: I am the fire chief for the Rock Hill Fire Department and I am the fire training coordinator for the Lumberton Fire Department.
Griffith: Were you actually arrested or were you just charged with impersonating a police officer?
King: I was arrested by Officer Franklin and transported to the Purvis jail by Officer Cassandra Fortenberry. I was charged and sat in jail for six hours waiting to post bail. I have an issue with my back and I sat on that hard, cold floor for hours waiting to be released. . and I still had to deal with the pain after being released from jail.
Griffith: Why do you feel that you were targeted for arrest in this matter? I have an idea but I can't prove it at this momement, but I am gathering my evidence and it will be presented at a later time.
Griffith: Are you seeking a legal remedy against those involved in this case?
King: I plan on taking legal action against the city for violating my civil rights. I want what's owed to me and my family for the pain and suffering we had to endure. .that we are continuing to endure in this matter. I know some people have exaggerated the events that took place, even those that are supportive of me in this case. I want to set the record straight, my dad did not die in the hospital, he died at his home and I was at his side. . .I didn't have twelve witness statement, there were three people that came forth to verify my whereabouts and there were at least twelve that were willing to come in and make a statement on my behalf.
Griffith: What is your connection to GreenTree Apartment?
King: I applied for the security job at GreenTree and toured the property with the manager. The only time I go onto that property is in response to a call from the dispatch and I am not there as security, I am there to assist with medical issues.
Griffith: What is your response to the statement that you made a racially charged statement at city hall?
King: I never made a racial comment and when I was there, I was discussing my case as well as a concern about the fire department. I told the mayor that if they started charging outside fire departments for water usage, the City of Lumberton could lose any support from the surrounding agencies because the fire coordinator would not let them come into this area if they are going to be charged for water usage. I challenge anyone to show where I treated anyone differntly when I responded to a emergency call. I don't discriminate against anyone and I treat everyone the same. There are people that are trying to turn this into a racial issue but it's not about race, it's about doing the right thing.
Griffith: Is there anything else you would like to share with the readers of this blog?
King: I find it intersting that I was arrested without any real proof, but the person that filed the charges against me is being allowed to walk around free. How can a person file a false report and go about his day to day business but my freedom was taken based on the word of one individual? . . . I just want the people of Lumberton to know that the fire department does not have a hefty budget, we get $1,000 a month to pay for expenses and the people that put their lives on the line and they're not appreciated. . .Me and my family had to endure the death of my father, my mother is still upset with how all of this happened. I don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else.

Comments

  1. sounds like something that bunch would do ! get rid of all of them and we will be better off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel him on the Purvis jail and people's civil rights. Something needs to be done about it. Greentree Apartments needs 5 security guards.Just pitiful.They don't want security over there. They need running out of Lumberton. The troublemakers that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm i must say that i have personally heard this man call britt hart the "n" word so that is a big fat LIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this man and his family personally. He's a very good, hardworking man. I think somebody is trying to frame him and this really needs to be investigated. Sound like your town is dirty and somebody is covering something up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this family personally and they are not racist. He is a very hard working man and a good man. I think SOMEBODY is trying to frame him and this needs to be investigated. Believe me, he has nothing to hide. For somebody to slander their name through the mud is disgusting. Your town needs to be cleaned up, throw OUT the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that you are referring to people as TRASH shows that your morals are skewed. Only a racist would refer to another person as trash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was a major conspirancy to do this man like the way they did !!!!!!!!and folks say there is no change in mississippi , only here could 3 black officers frame an innocent white man and put him in jail for something he didn't do .then they suspend the only cop who cleared his name , why did they do that cause he uncovered their plan to frame him and brought evidence to prove this man was free .the feds need to come in and see about mr kings civil rights !! it seems the board is not taking any action on this matter a crime has been commited by the police and some action needs to be done . they already have a HUGE law suite comin from this how many more can we afford ? tell your alderman the time for action is now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman