A Mother's Joy


While out and about today, I ran into Denethia Clark and I noticed the lovely necklace she was wearing and then I remembered the article I saw in the Hattiesburg American. Kelana Clark had won an essay contest when she wrote "Why I Love My Mom" and she won the necklace I saw her mother wearing. Her mother is proudly wearing a necklace that her daughter won with words based on the love she has for the person she calls Mom. I was so moved by the story that I decided to blog about it. I know DD is proud of her children, and her joy goes beyond the diamond necklace. I'm certain that this is just a sign of things to come. . Kelana is apparently a very gifted and talented individual. Winning an essay contest is no easy feat. I can imagine that DD saw the necklace as an affirmation--an acknowledgement that she's steering her children in the right direction, that those sleepless nights were worth it, those days wiping their noses, preparing their meals, providing a roof over their heads, and the endless amount of thankless activities that mother's endure on a day to day basis. I am so thankful that we have a generation of children, like Kelana, that are embracing their love for writing and putting their expressions to paper. Congratulations Kelana. . you are a beacon of light and may your light lead to a path of great success.

Comments

  1. Where's that like button? I don't see it. I know there has to be one around here somewhere for somebody who don't have a comment about something but just likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dis is a very nice article,and I mus say I'm very impressed and thankx alot.I'm a very very proud mom! (Denethia)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman