Hoodies and Hoodlums

I hope those that managed to escape eviction enjoyed their weekend, but after speaking with the manager of Frank Lee Homes, there's going to be some major changes taking place. So, for those of you that like to hang out on the corner of Myrick and North 10th Street, you might want to find somewhere else to roost because if you are on the property, and you are on the banned list, you are going to jail. The ban list will be updated and thanks to social media, the police department will be able to put a face to those on the list. Also, those of you living on the property may want to take the time to go by the office to get a peek at the ban list because you will be responsible for the company you keep and if they are at your apartment day in and day out, they are your guest and your responsibility. After the events that happened this weekend, I think my views on the various ordinances that are being reviewed by the Board of Aldermen is beginning to change. I still think saggy pants is a parental issue, but the police need to do something to stop this lack of respect that is prevalent in the City of Lumberton. Too many of our youth don't respect themselves, so do you think they're going to have respect for you. The loud, unnecessary conversations. What is the point? Do you want to be seen? Based on your verbiage, you really shouldn't want others to hear you. There's an old saying about people will never know you're an idiot until you open your mouth and remove all doubt. (or something like that). The level of disrespect is worn like a badge of honor. There was a time when I wouldn't dare use profanity in the presence of my mother or any other person older than me. Who am I kidding, I still will not use profanity if my mother is around. Now fast forward to present day when you can witness parents and children cussing each other out one day and drinking from the same bottle of Ciroc the next. What happened? Is no one willing to be accountable or does everyone want to be their child's friend and not their parent. The reason so many of these children lack guidelines is because there is no longer the mentality of "it takes a village to raise a child." The ones growing up today don't want anyone to tell them what to do. One of the main excuses that is used is there's nothing for our children to do. Well, there are programs going on year round at the Lumberton library and most of the people that are claiming there's nothing to do are the ones that never attend. Also, I heard a few people are trying to start a Summer Baseball League, how many people are signing up for that. When I was growing up, it was normal to spend the Summer going to 5th Avenue Park to watch the softball games. To see Mr. Vernon Holder and Mrs. Sis Red pacing back and forth along the fence coaching the games. Those were the days, and to see the people travel to various cities to support their teams. I loved when we would go on weekend road trips to support the best teams in the league (The Steelers and Stelleretts--yes I'm biased but I had to throw that in there). I don't know what happened to the parents, but it's time out for supporting foolishness. My father was not there to teach me some essential things in life, but I am thankful that my Uncle Jr. Brown twas there to teach me how to tie a tie and put together color combinations with my suits. Today, children are not chided by their parents and this deplorable behavior is supported by everyone in their family from the aunts and uncles to the grandparents. It's sad to see the deterioration of decency and respect. But just so you know, I am not going to be disrespected and I'm not going to be threatened. That type of behavior may be supported within your family but when it spills over into my area, it will be addressed accordingly. It seems like we have a long, hot summer in store but for those that want to bring their drama to Frank Lee Homes; tenants, family, friends, individuals on the ban list, you better be ready to pay dearly for your brief moment of frustration. If you don't have the wherewithal to settle you differences like a mature individual then get ready to pay the cost to get your "street creed." There's a new judge in Lumberton and he's no joke. You're either going to pay or you're going to jail. So I hope your pockets have enough weight to cover your behavior.

Comments

  1. I REALLY ENJOYED THE ARTICLE THAT YOU WROTE. IT SPEAKS OF THE YOUTH AND THE PARTICIPATION OF PARENTHOOD IN THE TOWN WE CALL HOME THE PROBLEM TO ME IS PARENTS ARE GETTING YOUNGER EVERYDAY .( THING IS THEIR STILL KIDS THEMSELVES ) THATS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THEY ARE BORED.NOTHING TO DO YES ITS TRUE NOTHIN BUT STAND ON THE CORNER OF MYRICK AVE. ETC. LUMBERTON AS A WHOLE NEEDS TO GROW. MOVIE THEATHER WOULD BE NICE...JUST SAYING..THE PEOPLE THAT OWN ALL THE RESOURSES ( FOR EXAMPLE) THE OLD MOVIE STAR BUILDING.COULD REALLY DO SOME POSTIVE THINGS WITH THAT ..BUT TO ME ..THEY SIMPLY DONT WANT TO..ONCE THE PEOPLE STOP ACTING LIKE ITS SOMETHING PERSONAL ( CITY HALL OH MY NEVER ON THE NEWS FOR POSITIVE .ITS ALWAYS PERSONAL )NEED TO BE FOR THE PEOPLE AND NOT THEMSELVES..SORRY PARTNA LUMBERTON WILL NEVER GROW UNLESS MORE PEOPLE SEE IT LIKE YOU DO OUR YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN NEED TO HELP EACH OTHER NOT HARM ONE ANOTHER.THERE IS A LOT OF TALENT IN LUMBERTON BESIDES FIGHTING..LOL.. BUT PUT THAT TALENT TO USE FOR THE GOOD..YOU KEEP ON DOING JUST WHAT YOU ARE DOING BECAUSE LUMBERTON NEEDS YOU MY BROTHER THEY REALLY COULD LEARN A LOT FROM BEING OUTSIDE THE BOX. LUMBERTON IS MY HOME AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE..THEY DONT OWE ME S..T .THEY WONT LET ANY MONEY COME TO THE TOWN THATS WHY I FEEL IT WONT GROW ..USE TO DONE TURNED TO A ROOSTA.I OFTEN PRAY FOR MY TOWN MY HOME ..OAN KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK WILL DEFINATELY VOTE FOR YOU.AND A LOT OF THEM WONT EVEN SEE THIS WARNING THAT YOU POSTED AND THATS A SHAME I GUESS YOU GONNA HAVE TO PASS OUT FLYERS..IM BOUT TO START A BLOG REAL SOON LOL BUT WILL HAVE SOME REAL TALK..THE NAME WILL BE (HOOD NEWS THE REAL SHIT....0 SO STAY TUNED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your blog because I'm getting ready to close this one down. My post will mostly be about the bridge work...the building of the senior living facility and the new ordinances. Thanks for the support and I would love to occasionally contribute a post to your blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman