Another Rumble in the Jungle

Now, what's the difference between these two pictures. Well, they both were taken in the same neighborhood and they both were, more than likely, about some foolishness. The one on the left was among Lumberton residents and was taken a year ago. The one on the right involved indivuals from Lumberton and Purvis and my posting the picuture led to me getting threatened on facebook. I think that's a crime, but when you have people that think fighting in the streets like a rabid dog is entertaining, I guess it gives you street creed to threaten a person over a picture, but in my Lil Wayne voice, No worries but I am dealing with it. While I was on facebook responding to this foolishness and trying to defend my right to post pictures of the foolishness that is considered normal in certain areas, I missed a firestorm that was brewing on another area of facebook. It seems that an innocent question about the possible change of the Lumberton Panthers name was turned into another race riot. Somehow, a web page inadvertantly listed the Lumberton Baseball team as the Lumberton Black Panthers and all it took was one, drug induced individual (she admitted she made the comment under the influence of some type of medication) to make an unflattering comment about Mayor Miriam Holder and that just opened the floodgates to allow the rest to spew their hate. There were all types of comments referring to Lumberton as chocolate city to Little Harlem. There was also talk about the reason why Lumberton no longer play Purvis. There was something said about thugs fighting after the games or something to that affect. After the dealings I had on yesterday, I would agree with that statment, but we know the reason why Lumberton and Purvis no longer play one another is because Purvis schools has increased in their ranking whereas Lumberton's ranking has decreased. I'm not a high school football fan and I don't know about the 2A and 4A rankings or if they're referred to as divisions so please don't email me if I mispoke on that matter. Anywho, there was even a current candidate that was talking about the fact that white people had given up on this city and I think he purposely left out white, but was saying there was "no man or woman running for mayor." Since it was not included, I'm thinking for deniability purposes but I could be wrong. I will need to speak with him myself to see. Because I would hate to think that a person that's talking about unification is being so devisive within a closed group setting. Although there were some very hate filled exchanges, there was also some voices of reason. I always wonder about mob mentality. As one that never follows the crowd, I never understood how a person would just fall into line with bigotry. But then again, I'm dealing with ignorance within my own community. As the first sign of Spring, I walk out the door to find a large crowd of people fighting, using profanity, and there were droves of cars coming from near and far to see the circus or forgive my verbiage, "Niggas on display." There are some that may be offended, but that's what they were acting like and yes I have cart blanche when using that word because my ancestors were the ones subjected to the degradation associated with that word, so please spare me the emails about any double standards about how a white blogger would be shut down if they dared to say such a thing. Well, from what I read yesterday, the reference to this city and police department operating off a welfare system of handouts has the same connatations. For the most part, I regret my actions on yesterday. Not because of the things I said, but because I chose to respond to the things that were said. I am an adult and I will handle the situation that occured on yesterday as an adult. These chirren are going to learn; especially when dealing with me. They want to think they know bout this life, but I think they need a deeper lesson or a better teacher. The gall, to threaten a person in an open format and then think there are not consequences and then follow it up with I need to man up. Don't worry, I am. I take issue with individuals that come onto my Facebook page, Instagram page and/or blog and then think they are the social police. If you don't like what I say or like what I post, then you have every right to express that, but when your displeasure with what I say leads to the egging of my car of threats, then you're taking it to another level. So, I must take it to another level. At first, there was talk that I was stirring up ish on my Instagram page when somone asked me what was going on. I said there was something going on and it involved people from Lumberton and Purvis. Next, it was inferred that the dudes from Purvis was going to come for me. But when they found out that my family is from Purvis, then I think the Lumberton crew got scared some old bull crap they had going was going to get reignited. So as a diversion, I was, somehow, thrown into the mix. Here we are two days after the circus left town; temporarily and I still don't know what the fight is/was about. Unlike the people that jumped in their cars to see the happenings, I didn't go to the fight, the fight came to me and I was one of the many people that had their camera out. However, I don't watch the events in private or try to upload them to World Star Hip Hop, I post what I see and if someone would show me how to upload the video, it would also be on this site as well. If they want to act like monkeys, then don't get upset when the someone catch you eating the banana. I would like to apologize to my true friends that had to witness my gutter moment, but I assure you, I will not let anyone take me off my focus. I'm not deactivating my facebook page and I'm not gonna stop blogging. I'm keeping it team forward and for those of you that don't want your antics on display, then find another arena. Years ago, they used to meet in Wellstown to fight and you can best believe, I never, ever, jumped in a car to go watch a fight. So, if you wanna wild out, you might want to find another jungle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman