Religious Voo-Doo: No Weapon Formed Against Me Shall Prosper

Again someone in boxed me about something they felt was directed towards me on another Lumberton site. So, I will share with you what was said, and I will give you my views of this so-called prayer. Gloria Townsend said the following: I am sending pleas to all the praying people that love Lumberton. Please pray with me that the Lord will close the mouth of those that are speaking things that will cause division and not bring unity in our city. I believe that the Lord told me that this is a New Beginning. He is about to pour His Spirit out on this place. God wants people to come together. It is time to tear those barriers down that divide. This choice is ours; we can be part of the problem or the solution. It is up to each one of us, and God will hold us accountable. PRAY! Now, I'm always looking for a conspiracy in something but let me point out to you the fact that she said "close the mouth of those that are speaking things that will cause division". Is it just me, but if she is referring to those that are causing division, shouldn't it state, close the mouths of those causing division. Of course, since the so called prayer was posted under a post deducted to the Lumberton Informer by Penny Walters-Temple, I suppose the mouth she want closed is mine. Since I don't know this person, I have no way of knowing. But don't be dismayed, I don't think this is a real prayer; it seems to be made out of anger and to me, that's a form of witchcraft. Nothing can create a dark and destructive spirit in a person’s life or in a church like angry or violent persons using prayer as a weapon. Any Bible believer that gets in an angry spirit or becomes violent against their pastor, the church, or any other believer must be aware of how Satan uses a false approach to prayer. To pray or to fast and pray while a totally false or negative spirit is manifest in your life opens up the perfect opportunity for an evil spirit to attack you and operate in your life. Nadab and Abihu did a similar thing against Moses, and the fire of God consumed them in judgment. The first principle of all prayer is a broken and contrite spirit. To approach God with judgment or criticism in your spirit makes your prayer time a waste of time and even dangerous to your soul. Apostle Paul dealt with prayer and the possibility of it becoming a human weapon against others. Listen carefully: “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ(II Corinthians 10:3-5) Praying after the flesh with anger, hatred, unforgiveness, etc. is the turning of the spiritual life into a carnal warfare. True prayer flowing from a perfect heart is the opposite. It is casting down of imaginations (human designs or human control directed over others) and bringing every thought unto the “obedience of Christ.” We must learn that prayer moves God and God moves men. Any prayer that is directed at an individual for good or bad is a form of religious voodoo. I don't know what Gloria's intent was in regards to her so called prayer. But she must know, that I have always prayed for elected officials, regardless of who's serving in that position. Perhaps, if people were not focused on who's in officer and realize Who's in control, God could have poured His Spirit on the City of Lumberton a long time ago. As we know, a house divided will not stand. I know there are people that think differently than others but I'm certainly not going to pray that they're put to death because they have a different idea on how to get to another destination. I'm thankful that I serve a loving God and as stated in Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me, “Says the Lord. So I condemn any attempts made by Gloria or any of her followers that are attempting to speak death, hurt or harm over my life or the life of my family. For I know that "With a long life I will satisfy him and let him see My salvation" (Psalm 91:16). So, if you're trying to use prayer a weapon, Gloria, it will be defeated by the pure authority of prayer that is offered by a Godly saint or saints. Many churches and saints have been destroyed because no one knew the victory that is ours the moment the saints take hold of God and bind the evil spirits. It can be a battle royal of fasting and prayer, but it will break unless you break first. Be tender, stay humble, be pure by His blood and remember, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:19) So, I bind the use of prayer as a weapon against individuals with differing views and call forth for a true "New Beginning" in the City of Lumberton. Where we are not judged by our differences but embraced by them. Either we can stand together or fall apart. In the words of Kenya Moore, don't come for me, unless I send for you.

Comments

  1. Them racist motherfuckers been talking about you for a long time and that's because they think you're a shit stirring nigger. You may not post this because of my language but it's the truth. Cody, Troy, Cindy and a slew of honkies have said worse than you can ever say. Personally I think it's funny when you and your friends say saltines or vanilla wafers. They not offended they want to control what you say. Ben promised us he would hire Stephanie and they don't want you to spill the beans. New beginnings my ass. They hate anyone they can't control. I am on the connection. It's funny that none of these just Christian folks defended you when you were being ripped a new one on the connection. What happened to no matter the color bullshit Cody and his fat ass wife like to preach? I know Miss Gloria and there's not a hateful bone in her body. Just as we love her there are people that love you. If we let people say hateful things about one person we have given hate a seat at the table. We all are wrong including me and I hope you can forgive me for not publically supporting you and for allowing you to get attacked. Wrong is wrong. I hope you keep the blog and I will continue to read. You said one time that hurt people hurt people. And we have hurt you and I want to start the healing process by asking for forgiveness. And I hope we can all move forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style